Discuss First Day of AM2 exam finished! Just need alittle bit of help. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That’ll work. Have fun wiring up the heating...

Im doing that tommorow along with the data point and tidying up cables/ checking conductors are correctly wired etc.

Ive got just under 3 hours left for the Install then onto inspection and testing.

Would I loose marks if using the wrong crimps on the cpc on the banjo to MET on the armoured? Etc.

If the wrongs crimps are provided then ask for the correct ones. If they say use what there is then just crack on.

Problem is the test centres are on a tight budget so they have to use what they can lay their hands on.

If the wrongs crimps are provided then ask for the correct ones. If they say use what there is then just crack on.

Problem is the test centres are on a tight budget so they have to use what they can lay their hands on.

What ones would you use for a 1.5mm single cpc cable?
A red crimp?

Well ring final cicuit then....
Not trying to be a smart arse Ryan, but get the simple things right and the rest should follow a Ring Main is a distribution ring as in LV or HV distribution, I know ot was always referred to as a Ring Main but not anymore, Ring Final Circuit, as opposed to a Radial Final circuit. and good luck for tomorrow.

Do you not take a mains from the DB to the first light switch then your s/live and neutral to the light wired from the first switch (which is a 2 way)containing your permanent live and neutral?
Any 2 way and intermediate switches then it’s just 3 core from your first switch to your intermediate then a 3 core from your intermediate switch to last 2 way switch.
Why carry a neutral all the way through?
Deleted

No real knowledge of the actual spec but just a few thoughts on the description you have given.
Install section:-
Generally no problems there.
I am worried about the brown tape mention, I hope it was sleeving as you have said at all other points, tape would not be appropriate.
The wiring is correctly organised.

Ring Final
Sounds correct, when you say through to spur I assume you mean from first socket to fused spur and looped out again to the last socket, which is right.

Bonding
All sounds OK I assume the bonding clamps had the safety electrical….. labels on them and the clamps were firmly attached to the pipes and the bonding cables securely fixed to the clamps.

Fb 200
One I do not know: do you need to use fire resistant metal clips for the p clips and did you do so?
Other than that all OK.

3 phase and neutral isolator.

I would describe the cable from the banjo to the earth as an earth fly lead, do not use the word bonding in relation to this cable. Preferentially this cable would be a single core insulated cable. Does the isolator not have a neutral terminal to loop the neutral through, I am surprised you have to use a wago, though if there was no neutral terminal then this is fine.

3 phase dol starter
All sounds OK so long as you used the correct SY gland and not a compression gland.

Good luck with the heating, data and Inspection, testing, faults tomorrow

3 phase and neutral isolator.

I would describe the cable from the banjo to the earth as an earth fly lead, do not use the word bonding in relation to this cable. Preferentially this cable would be a single core insulated cable. Does the isolator not have a neutral terminal to loop the neutral through, I am surprised you have to use a wago, though if there was no neutral terminal then this is fine.
IIRC the fly lead is the CPC as they're using the armour as the CPC.

I may be wrong, but I think the OP has taken a L and N to the first switch on a 2 way switching circuit and has carried the N conductor through to the second switch and at the 2nd he will have a 3core, 2 strappers and a N at that switch where he will then run a 2 core and earth from the light, this cable will be a N and SL, again if I have read the post wrong then ignore this post.
Sounds like your right there Pete.

With my testing and inspection tommorow do you know how to carry out a pefc and pscc test on a Megger Mft 1730? As I am unsure on what setting to set the tester to.
Ask the examiner to run through it with you. They don't expect you to know all the test meters inside out.

Reply to First Day of AM2 exam finished! Just need alittle bit of help. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net