Discuss MICC/PYRO advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You couldn’t pass 2360 until you had successfully stripped and made off 2 mic cables

Now they don’t even have to do that anymore
Gawd! I must have done at least 2000 before I was 18..

...…and threaded that much conduit I could do it wi' me feet.;)

Intention will be to rip it out and take everything back to the main consumer unit, just need to work out what they all feed and if I can arrange the circuits to fit them in, there are 3 spare ways in new board, 4 breakers in old unit but covers not been off yet and nothing is labeled except the shower circuit.
As far as the termination in the newer board goes, they have drilled a small hole and fed the micc through it, no idea if they have glanded it inside.

Intention will be to rip it out and take everything back to the main consumer unit, just need to work out what they all feed and if I can arrange the circuits to fit them in, there are 3 spare ways in new board, 4 breakers in old unit but covers not been off yet and nothing is labeled except the shower circuit.
As far as the termination in the newer board goes, they have drilled a small hole and fed the micc through it, no idea if they have glanded it inside.

I wonder if they fed the original gland through a 20mm hole

Or put it through the hole, stripped it back and never bothered with a pot or gland, may be seen that a few times

Yeah, I've seen that too, sleeved and taped only....With a jubilee around the copper clad to clamp a cpc to!!.... Also seen many in control panels where multiple multi core pyro's brought in through same hole and then pots only fitted........There were some rough old boys out there too back in the day lol

I'm quite a fan of MICC and do enjoy when I get to work with it.

Yeah, I've seen that too, sleeved and taped only....With a jubilee around the copper clad to clamp a cpc to!!.... Also seen many in control panels where multiple multi core pyro's brought in through same hole and then pots only fitted........There were some rough old boys out there too back in the day lol
Nearly as bad as some of the rough young boys of today!!!!!!!

Definitely, except they now lash in FP200 and make a hash of that instead! Haha
The number of swa lash ups these days has gone through the roof.
It seems to be every other time I come across some. If they can't terminate the armour correctly it's slice a shroud because they've forgotten it.

The number of swa lash ups these days has gone through the roof.
It seems to be every other time I come across some. If they can't terminate the armour correctly it's slice a shroud because they've forgotten it.
I don't know about you, but I used to take pride in first fixing cables of all sorts, making sure they were clipped nice, entering the enclosure properly, nice an neat, now slap it in know matter, as long as it tests OK and it works, it will be OK, what has become of trafesmen and Women? all gone to pot, I know who I lay the blame on and you don't need me to explain that do you?

Reply to MICC/PYRO advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock