Discuss Neff dishwasher Child lock? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Buffyrose

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, I have an integrated Neff dishwasher - came with house so not sure of age. Probably 15 yrs. All A1 OK but last night I somehow rammed something against the top door catch, there was an ominous click either something clicking aside, or snapping. Now door won’t click / close, so ofcourse dishwasher won’t operate. Eventually, I sat for an hour pushing the door too just to get it to run through it’s programme. There are countless questions re this on the internet with not one helpful reply. The instructions with the dishwasher are useless. I’m sure it’s a child lock, and not snapped. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch as always. ( the first photo is the door on which there are no moving parts, so is irrelevant, just included it for completeness).

Attachments

• 034C100E-4EE0-48B5-8D13-F8F9221EE9BB.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 86E5AAB8-8CC1-4F5A-BCED-79BCB2985F15.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 34
  • B0AEEA87-ED7C-4952-8BE1-D40E9919A69E.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 31
  • F2E89013-F6D2-43BE-8004-29C5521B1E72.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 0ECBB290-8AA9-4F36-86F2-00D3AA80B446.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 60679CB4-EB58-482A-841E-7E17794FCEF5.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 35
Looks like you've set the child lock with the door open, when it's normally set with the door closed.

Try pushing the latch to the left,Child lock D Wash.jpeg as arrows.

Looks like you've set the child lock with the door open, when it's normally set with the door closed.

Try pushing the latch to the left,View attachment 64144 as arrows.
Yes, that seems to fit the scenario exactly - and yes, the door was open. I just can’t get that flap to budge - presumably as it’s a lock it’s going to be tough- but I’m hurting my fingers - it’s just solid. It goes up into itself, into the machine but I can shift it R or L.

Does the part on the left of the latch that to me looks like a spring either push in or pull out allowing you to slide the other part across.?

I've scoured the Internet including U tube and can't find any explanation of the child lock.
The best I found was a demonstration of a Neff dishwasher done in a showroom which included the mention of a child lock and they showed it in a bag, to be fitted if required.

Neff lock.PNG

Picture two and four look totally different so something is moving and needs re-positioning to latch, the triangular piece latches into the door so need to recess on closing the door and extend to hold the door closed.

It looks as though the child lock is fitted on photo four, not possibly in the correct position, but not fitted on photo two have you removed it?

S51M53X0GB/21 is the E-Nr number that Neff ask for and also comes up on spares sites

Picture 5 has the details on.

Missed that ?‍♂️

Drawn a blank with information about this specific model, but Neff's own site has this advice for door closing issues:

• Problem category: Malfunction​

Issue: Door function defective​

Door can't be open or it is difficult to open

Cause​

Childproof lock is activated

Resolution​

Press lever above the door (childproof lock) to the right and open door.

Door does not close properly

Cause​

Door lock is snapped over

Resolution​

Close door with increased force.

Not sure that it's particularly helpful, but does suggest that child lock issue would likely prevent door from opening, rather than closing.

I'm not convinced it's a child lock.
I think that's just the normal lock and it's got itself out of sequence.

The part on the right needs to be up and latched so the door will close.
And the part on the left when pushed back by the door releases the catch, on the right which drops into the hole in the top of the door.
When the handle in the door is pulled the grey part in the top of the door lifts the catch up and latches into the lock.

The solution is the part on the right needs to be pushed back up into the lock until it laches and stays up.

And the part on the left when pushed back by the door releases the catch, on the right which drops into the hole in the top of the door.
When the handle in the door is pulled the grey part in the top of the door lifts the catch up and latches into the lock.

The solution is the part on the right needs to be pushed back up into the lock until it laches and stays up.
Yes, that sounds and looks a bit like it. The bit on the right seems out of place to me, but I’m using all my might and just can’t budge it - it think it does need to come forward now, and then as you say, normally the bit on the left is the bit that releases it. I honestly didn’t ‘ram’ anything in so I can’t understand why I can’t release it.

I've scoured the Internet including U tube and can't find any explanation of the child lock.
The best I found was a demonstration of a Neff dishwasher done in a showroom which included the mention of a child lock and they showed it in a bag, to be fitted if required.

View attachment 64150

Thanks for that - I watched this for an hour last night at 11pm whilst sitting pushing the door closed!

Missed that ?‍♂️

Drawn a blank with information about this specific model, but Neff's own site has this advice for door closing issues:

Cause​

Resolution​

Cause​

Resolution​

Not sure that it's particularly helpful, but does suggest that child lock issue would likely prevent door from opening, rather than closing.
Thanks - tried that. It just needs ‘releasing’
Picture two and four look totally different so something is moving and needs re-positioning to latch, the triangular piece latches into the door so need to recess on closing the door and extend to hold the door closed.

It looks as though the child lock is fitted on photo four, not possibly in the correct position, but not fitted on photo two have you removed it?
Nothing removed, just my sanity.

Missed that ?‍♂️

Cause​

Resolution​

Cause​

Resolution​

Tried that. The catch still needs to be ‘released’.

Does the part on the left of the latch that to me looks like a spring either push in or pull out allowing you to slide the other part across.?

SNOWHEAD - you’re brilliant. I’VE JUST DONE IT. It’s all about understanding what’s going on isn’t it. The bit on the right is possibly like a clip that clips in, so it had to be pulled forward - it had got pushed back and down so we were basically looking at the underneath of it I think. Now it’s kind of flipped over like 90degrees. Anyway, it’s as sweet as ever now. Honestly these forums are amazing, as a 60 plus woman I’ve recently replaced my clock on the oven, and in lockdown a thermostat on my washing machine, a donut washer on my loo and now another disaster averted. Thanks guys, you are all fabulous.

Attachments

• B0C13BDB-B766-4E0C-85BE-6245CC0E29F0.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Neff dishwasher Child lock? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock