Discuss Passed my NAPIT 1st assessment. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigworm

Hello all,

I passed my 1st NAPIT assessment Saturday, after being made redundant as QS with an NIC domestic installer registered building firm (company went bust!) before christmas and setting up on my own again.

I would like to thank all that have posted in this forum about scheme assessments in the past, as I have spent many hours in the past 6 or so weeks leading up to my assessment, reading through everyone's comments and experiences, which helped me no end to get prepared for my assessment with NAPIT and put my mind as ease. Even though this wasn't my first experience of part P assessments, it's still a bit nerve racking and you want to do all you can to make sure it all goes as smooth as possible.

So, as my way of "giving back", if any other NAPIT 1st timers have any questions regarding the assessment then just ask and I will help as much as I can.

Thanks, Dan.

well done, mate. another £400 + to the thieving rogues that are devaluing our trade.

well done, mate. another £400 + to the thieving rogues that are devaluing our trade.

Thanks. Yeah I quite agree, it wouldn't be so bad if it was policed a bit! but that's never going to happen so just bend over and smile. It's even more annoying now with part p being eased up.

just a few questions on the disconnection times and the like.

The rest will be general chat, he'll be with you for max 3hours and you'll be saying see you later £444 (or however much napit is)

right....
you`l need the BGB and the OSG....you will need a copy of the EAWR ...this is a free download...you will need a copy of approved document P...you will need dated callibrated test instruments with the callibration certs to hand, you will need a job to show em of course, you will need public liability insurance to the tune of £2,000,000...
the sort of questions you may be asked will be...say the drilling of joists...so they will ask the depth from either top or bottom surface and the distance between holes etc...you will probably be asked about safe zones ....and height of accessories on newbuilds....disconnection times (as has already been mentioned)...as for the tests...they may want you to do a Ze.....so it will encompass a safe isolation procedure....they may also ask you to get the PFC....
an RCD test may also be on the cards and they will probably want you to tell them the max disconnection time at X1 and X5....
just stuff like that really so take it easy....

Reply to Passed my NAPIT 1st assessment. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net