Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss RCD omission risk assessment in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Interesting and useful but not really a risk assessment for justifying omission of RCDs for additional protection.
A risk assessment should identify the hazards, who or what is at risk and from what? And then should identify what has been put in place to minimise the danger presented by such hazards.
This unfortunately is the side of the job I’m trying to learn, I’ve spent my entire working life on the tools and not much time on the paperwork side of things, unfortunately also I have no one to turn to in our office for advice and help, hence why ive posted to the forum. Hoping someone would maybe have a suitable scenario that they have been through themselves.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Interesting and useful but not really a risk assessment for justifying omission of RCDs for additional protection.
A risk assessment should identify the hazards, who or what is at risk and from what? And then should identify what has been put in place to minimise the danger presented by such hazards.
The format was dictated by city and guilds so I can't really comment beyond that. It justifies omission with appropriate reg numbers, outside of the regs I'm not entirely sure what you'd want on it.

The point of it is we're justifying omission using the regs to present the argument.

loz2754

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The format was dictated by city and guilds so I can't really comment beyond that. It justifies omission with appropriate reg numbers, outside of the regs I'm not entirely sure what you'd want on it.

The point of it is we're justifying omission using the regs to present the argument.
All I see is a somewhat useful list of where RCDs may or may not be required by BS7671, not a justification where it may be desired or necessary to deliberately omit an RCD in a situation where it would normally be required.

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Reaction score
All I see is a somewhat useful list of where RCDs may or may not be required by BS7671, not a justification where it may be desired or necessary to deliberately omit an RCD in a situation where it would normally be required.
By all means take it up with C&G, I merely offered it as an example, you're welcome to expand on it or devise one to share.

Reply to RCD omission risk assessment in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net