Discuss some random questions about testing... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I take your point Ian but the problem is different people have a different aptitude to learning-do you force a quick learner to do a 2392 course before allowing him/her to take 2391-10/20 ?

It's all a bit namby pamby to me, there's enough information available from endless sources on the 'difficulty' of 2391-10 etc. If people are just booking onto courses without finding out how demanding the topic is then more fool them!

My training centre would make no such entry requirements other than 'payment at the little window please' .

Know what you mean but with some of the questions which are asked on here would not be being asked if a proper training/exam scheme was in place but with most training centres have a certain ABBA song for their signature tune "Money, Money, Money"

Last edited:
most training centres have a certain ABBA song for their signature tune "Money, Money, Money"

No, that's all Training Centres Ian.

Get rid of them all and build more colleges, that's where your taught by proper tutors who have an head of Technical Department.

No, that's all Training Centres Ian.

Get rid of them all and build more colleges, that's where your taught by proper tutors who have an head of Technical Department.

If the old style apprenticeships had not been got rid off then most off these training centres would not have started up.

You can put down anything you want for number of points. Got nothing to do with BS7671 which is what we work to. I reckon the reason for including it on the NICEIC certs is as an aide to the next spark who comes along to test, so when inspecting a circuit he knows that he has covered every point that was originally installed. Therefore I'd say any socket whether single double or triple is a single point of utilisation.

The 2391 was introduced for experianced testers to prove their competence.
Not to teach inexperianced electricians.
By rights, it should not be neccessary for there to be any course associated with the exam.

Reply to some random questions about testing... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net