Discuss Terrible discoveries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

How many of you have worked in a house where a horse was being stabled in the lounge/dining room of a night?? Or where the downstairs of a house being used a motor cycle garage!!

Unbelievable i know, but none the less 100% true!!! lol!!

my stepdads brother kept his motorbike in the front room next to the tv

There were at least half a dozen motor bikes in this place shanky, all in various states of repair. Oil and grease everywhere you touched. Walk in through the front door and literary slide down the hallway into the kitchen.... lol!

There were at least half a dozen motor bikes in this place shanky, all in various states of repair. Oil and grease everywhere you touched. Walk in through the front door and literary slide down the hallway into the kitchen.... lol!

I've known a couple of bikers who'd always be re-building bikes in their front rooms.
Standard practice for bikers I think, especially British motorcyclists!

I stripped and rebuilt a Mini engine once in my mates 19th floor flat.

How many of you have worked in a house where a horse was being stabled in the lounge/dining room of a night?? Or where the downstairs of a house being used a motor cycle garage!!

Unbelievable i know, but none the less 100% true!!! lol!!

Talking of horses,
I went out to a farm to take a look at a nuisance tripping RCD. The farmer told me that the thing was tripping out quite often usually late in the day or evening.
Anyway he explain that the stables had a couple of sockets and a few lights. He said he'd checked the sockets and that they were undamaged and rarely used and that everything worked fine. So i had a quick look round then proceeded to run a couple of tests at the board. everything checked out ok, ramp tested the rcd that seemed fine. As I was collecting up my tools I noticed a flexi cable hanging down near a stable door that I must have missed earlier. When I took a look I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
The flex had been striped back around 2 foot and the individual bare cores had been nailed to the top of the lower part of the stable door. There was a plug top connected at the other end dangling next to a socket outlet. The farmer explained that the horse that resided there was a bit wild and tended to chew the stable doors. So he decided to refrain the horse from doing so by giving it an electric shock if it tried. As soon as the horse was stabled for the day he would plug in the flex turn it on and leave it!! :crazy:

Reply to Terrible discoveries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net