Discuss Understanding a humidistat extractor fan with timer? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I will be fitting an in line extractor fan in the loft to extract from a shower room. At present there is a ceiling mounted fan placed directly by a window on the other side of the room from the shower, so it is not effective.

The customer wants this to be a humidity controlled fan but it will also have a timer. It will come on with the light switch.

I have found this remote humidity controller with timer from screwfix which looks suitable Manrose 1361 Remote Bathroom Fan Humidity Control with Timer - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/manrose-1361-remote-bathroom-fan-humidity-control-with-timer/44376#product_additional_details_container

and here is the pdf.. https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Manrose/MR1361_Instructions.pdf

My question is does the fan just turn on automatically whenever the humidity reaches its set level regardless of whether the light switch is on? Does the light switch work purely with the 'timer' part of the humidity control unit as it would with a timer fan?

Hello happyhippydad, from what I've read (eg in Screwfix product reviews!! and elsewhere) the answer to the two questions at the end of your post are yes and yes. But no personal experience of this product!

I have Manrose one fitted to a timed extract fan, the fan will keep running regardless if the time has elapsed until the humidity is down to its set level, turning the humidistat down will turn the fan back on, this is in the UK, in our utility room in France I have an ICON fan that has never worked properly, supposed to open and close by itself, but does not, fed up with it now and will probably change it.

Reply to Understanding a humidistat extractor fan with timer? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net