Discuss What certificate for EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Did a EICR for a customer recently sent certificate Napit edition as member
Now his local council says that it must be NICEiC since when have they been the only acceptable certs as never had this problem before?

Get him to ask the Council in writing why they don't accept certificates from Elecsa or Napit. They have equal standing to the NICEIC

only if the propeerty is council owned cxan they stipulate niceic. other wise , as above.

As long as you can prove your competence you do not need to be with any scheme to issue an EICR. Do as Murdoch says, if it is not a council owned, they cant tell him who has to do the inspection.

Unfortunately i feel it's down to us to educate our LABC on this issue as NICEIC had the strangle hold on certification for so long many councils still haven't caught up with the fact that for awhile now there's other kids on the block.

Add to that it's only the NICEIC that constantly advertise's they are the 'the best,the one and only' while the other scheme's sit back and do very little (apart from trade expo's) to enlighten anyone outside the trade.

Applied to Elecsa meself yesterday (finaly)...they got my money but still waiting for any info back about wtf is going on (early days i guess)....i just refuse to go NICEIC, just hope it's not going to kick me in the teeth at a later date.

SPARKS55

You should take this issue up with NAPIT and they will champion your cause with the Local Authority.
Only accepting NICEIC reports is a restriction of trade and (I know) NAPIT have been active in making sure this sort of thing is evened out.

Call the NAPIT helpline and get them on the case. That is what you pay your £400+++ a year for!

My local environmental health have an approved list for the inspection of entertainment licensed premises it includes:

Member of ECA, or
Be on the role of Approved Electrical Installation Contractors issued by the National Council (NICEIC) or
A suitably qualified Electrical Engineer employed by the Inspection Department of the Local Electricity Board or
A member of the Joint Industry Board or
Any other electrical contractor they deem competent to undertake inspections.

I am now deemed competent as they have heard of ELECSA and liked my 2391. Just have to hear from the prospective customer if I have got the job.

Why would the labc get involved with an eicr?
Never issue NICEIC certs to councils just put my membership no and thats it never had a prob ever

Did a EICR for a customer recently sent certificate Napit edition as member
Now his local council says that it must be NICEiC since when have they been the only acceptable certs as never had this problem before?

Who are this moron council ?
Name them, in order for them to be given opinions of the Niceic that are not complimentary by a long chalk

Even fools can be taught the error of their ways

Reply to What certificate for EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock