Discuss What i come across quite often ( As promised Tony i took a few pics) in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
This is a control panel for a cutter machine apparently its been like this years with no cover and runs 4 x 400v motors ... the mechanical side is just as bad but believe this give the state of the machine the best reflection on this forum.

.Cutter controls.jpg

Now does that untidy domestic board look that bad after all ;)

Now I deal with a lot of panels like this. I think that tops them, never had floating contactors to deal with haha.

2158794B-6DFD-4353-91EB-A0E9C7AD5BCD-13361-00000E45A028C744.jpg

I used to swap a lot of large panels out and only come across one with bits hanging off the back of the door, kept getting belts all day!

At least your has some sense of order and i promise i havent ragged it out a bit for effect that is as i found it ... im fitting a panel i built tomoz so will put a before and after set -up but as for functional this panel did while it worked do as it was intended but lacked basics like O/L protection on motors or fully functional e-stop system.

Well new one in tomoz and this time not even owt wrth robbing out of the old one.... well except for a hand full of terminal blocks... no spoils this time :nonod:

I'll ...if i remember take a pic of the new panel its plc driven so easily altered but had a trial set-up and run and so far so good... fitting remote E-stops and gate switches tomoz as well as setting up the light sensors..... comical thing is the guy runs it asked how he can adjust the product now without machine shutting down because of my guard switches wont allow him to push the products into the rollers with his hands ... i said thats why im fitting them... but ive always done that i know what im doing .....

DOH!!!! Always design it as if a monkey was working it ..now thats my guideline it is more stringent than than any safety legislation or regulation i know.

Just accept one fact, an idiot is far more ingenious than you ever thought you were. They win every time!

did you hear about the guy that lost 2 fingers?

he lost a finger on a machine and the hse got involved.

the hse inspected it and it was deemed safe so they asked the guy how he lost it, he a different finger in same hole and lost another lol

well we used original magic eyes and the oringinal set up was backwards to common sense and the posts holding the IR emitters and reflectors wobbled like f..... took a few extra hours of remounting and setting up but yes it worked...... not bad seen as though we had a verbal of how it worked from a guy limited in english ... supprised myself :yes:

I got lumbered with we need to fit light curtains to XXXX. Everything fine until the plant started. One end swayed side to side the other up and down! I surprised myself. (Didn't realise I had so many swear words in my vocabulary). The plant was 2nd hand in 1965 when it was rebuilt on a new site. It was knackered back in 65, 40 more years of corrosive crap in the mean time hadn't done it any favours. That project got quietly shunted to one side.

Reply to What i come across quite often ( As promised Tony i took a few pics) in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock