Discuss wholesalers ripping us off in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wholesalers are a nightmare best to use one guy in branch, then theres no hiding when it comes to questioning an invoices and agreed sounds like CEF from the OP:33:

last week i went into a certain wholesalers, wanted an alarm battery. he tapped away on his keybord and then said £15.78 with the vat. bloody ell . i says, last one was only about a tenner. he taps away again then says best i can do is £10.45.!!!!!!!

im gonna get themin headlock next time they try fool me, im new to the game and i can spot a fruit when i see one, mking it up as he goes, then you say do you not mean around this price and they say , yeah there abouts....

last week i went into a certain wholesalers, wanted an alarm battery. he tapped away on his keybord and then said £15.78 with the vat. bloody ell . i says, last one was only about a tenner. he taps away again then says best i can do is £10.45.!!!!!!!
I pay about £5 for an alarm battery- you are using a wrong wholesaler

now that sound like the shafters i speak too, do staff get sent on a sales course, cause they all act the same.... ir i know another one who when you agree the price to material list, you go to collect they even bring it all out to counter and then tell you dont have this, this this and this.. what we gonna do about it, telectrix take lead role and spray pain there shops in england il do it in n,ireland

There's a million and on reasons one wholesaler might be more expensive than another. With alarm batteries you'll get better prices at a battery wholesaler. An electrical wholesaler would only move small quantities so their prices will be higher. In that case you're paying for the convenience of not having to use multiple suppliers and spend longer driving around to acquire your materials.

There's a million and on reasons one wholesaler might be more expensive than another. With alarm batteries you'll get better prices at a battery wholesaler. An electrical wholesaler would only move small quantities so their prices will be higher. In that case you're paying for the convenience of not having to use multiple suppliers and spend longer driving around to acquire your materials.

I have always thought that sometimes it's counter-productive to spend two hours on the phone to find something for 50p cheaper - despite the principle!

Last edited:
I have always thought that sometimes it's counter-productive to spend two hours on the phone to find something for 50p cheaper - despite the principle!
I completely agree for materials or parts that aren't bread and butter for your business. If we build a one-off PCB or we're making a prototype item we'll purchase all the components from 2 or 3 suppliers, you can't justify sourcing the best prices on 300 components when you're only using one or two of each. Obviously the customer is paying ultimately but if the cost wasn't the premium priced materials he'd be paying for more of our time so it's a lose-lose scenario.

teach me about alarms, and il buy you 2 batteries for your toy, honestly never have worked with one but am gonna order a kit and see if i can set it up..... keep you posted alarm man you can be my princess with shinning armour

teach me about alarms, and il buy you 2 batteries for your toy, honestly never have worked with one but am gonna order a kit and see if i can set it up..... keep you posted alarm man you can be my princess with shinning armour

ipu,if you can do electrics you can do alarms

wish you were my dad, your sweet, aye ive seen them in tech the engineering class use same room and ive had nosey at there works, just knowing how to set them up as i seen a page with about a 1000 functions from keypad codes

wish you were my dad, your sweet, aye ive seen them in tech the engineering class use same room and ive had nosey at there works, just knowing how to set them up as i seen a page with about a 1000 functions from keypad codes

start with the basic 4 wire/wireless systems,cheap and decent,make your own demo board up and just practice till you know that system inside out,fit them then move up to bigger systems,if your gonna do it stick to 1 or 2 manufactures,keeps the stock down and the parts can be used on any size of system

well i thought were dearer than this http://www.******************/Main_Index/Alarm_Index/Alarm_Kits_1/index.html , im looking at second one would it matter???

also can them devices that send txt to your phone be added to these sytems and isit a phoneline you need to connect to a call centre or police or whatever they are worked??

have a look at the yale stuff,its decent stuff,wireless easy to fit and popular,ideal if your starting out,it gets slated by pro alarm installers,but thats just snobery,we dont all fit galaxy and europlex,other decent stuff is texecom and honeywell

Reply to wholesalers ripping us off in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net