Zs

Discuss Zs in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry push should read what i write,

I started off saying that i would never have thought you can obtain parrallel path readings by using the test method two with croc clip on earth bar on a R1+R2 dead test, which would give you a lower reading .
Then i was thinking well it might be an incorrect R1+R2 measured reading by not disconnecting the cpc from earth at test, but does it really matter when overall, it can only contribute to a lower Zs reading, which means disconnection times can be met, lowering the electric shock risk.

Many Thanks

lOCKET

Got you now.

R1+R2 readings are fundamental when designing and installing. Checking them allows you to compare to design/check quality of installation. If you are doing an R1+R2 you would want it to be accurate.

When you have an existing installation ie you are doing a minor works or a like for like replacement/repair that is where the emphasis moves more to your Zs reading. :)

Reply to Zs in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been asked to provide a quote for a supply to an toilet block on a campsite. The three phase supply to the campsite is approx. 150m from...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Any help would be greatly appreciated. When calculating the Zs for a circuit specifically for 2396 do you have to incorporate the on site...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, I was taught when carrying out Zs testing to test both L-PE and L-N and record the highest result of the two tests for my Zs...
Replies
Views
So I’m doing my level 3 design project at the moment, and I’m on the question where you do all the calculations on each circuit, I’ve taken the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have a Merlin Gerin Compact NS100N Single Phase MCCB I've been asked to find its Max ZS Values and to be honest I cant find anything...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back