Discuss Apprentice Electrician Funding in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adamb_91

Hi, not sure if posted in the correct forum but recently ive just passed a apptitude test. After passing the test i have recieve an email and phone call of the company and they have informed me that if i find a suitable employer to take me on that the company would pay for the funding and training to the employer that would be willing to train me up. I've phoned a few places around my area but none of them seem to be really interested, so i was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what i should do. im 19 and live in the N.E.Lincs/Lincolshire area.

Thanks Adam

Hi Adam,

You didn't say who your training provider is so I can only say with regards to ours which is the JTL. They also would ask the apprentice to contact firms either by phone or in writing to ask if a placement is possible. They do also have a list of all the employers which have accepted apprentices before in your area, so that may be worth asking about. However, it will probably be down to going through the phonebooks, search engines and alike to make contact with as many firms as possible. Just to a standard letter enclosing your CV and details of your training provider and hit as many as possible.

Also, there is a forum on here for employment, so get yourself on there too. Good luck

thanks for the reply, yes its through JTL. I rang quite alot but none seem quite interested due to ages etc or saying they would get back in touch so will have to keep trying :)
thanks ill check it out bud!

Reply to Apprentice Electrician Funding in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net