Discuss Average Speed Cameras in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

There's a good chunk of them that are put up but not working, I have it on fairly good authority that a load by me (Newport Wales M4) have been up for nearly a year but have only just been connected. I don't risk it anyway, mind. Not worth the points for the sake of getting there a few minutes earlier, but I will say 50 on a bloody motorway is ridiculous. We're not yanks, we do know how to bloody steer!

50mph speed limit is normally around road works on motorways;)

normally roads with grass up the middle and sheep ,we have dual carrage ways all the way to holy head and those nice little speed camera vans sit there ,real place to watch out in north wales is police stations they sit on the carparks and catch you driving past :D and the thing that gets my goat is the fact you toddle along at 60mph up the A55 and get overtaken by an 18 wheel artic going to holyhead

Last edited by a moderator:
North Wales is the pits for speed camera's

The old cheif constable was a right bloomin hitler to the humble motorist, I have a lot of biker mates who dont even bother riding up that way anymore because it feels like the fuzz have a vendeta against them.:(

You should try living here ,got bagged 4 times last xmas , the only thing they didnt use round the van was a magifying glass even the flippin sheep get tickets !!!

The old cheif constable was a right bloomin hitler to the humble motorist, I have a lot of biker mates who dont even bother riding up that way anymore because it feels like the fuzz have a vendeta against them.:(

Yer buddy read about all the fuss in MCN ! :mad:

Richard brunstorm or sommet like that

Was on M25 saterday taking the family to paradise wildlife park in Broxbourne from Reading and between junction 19-20 there was an accident although i didnt see one ! but traffic was a standstill for most of it ! as well as the roadworks that made most of my travel a 50mph zone i did stick to and was overtaken by most things some were doing at least 90mph ! but i did see 2 cars in both directions pulled over by police ! dont know if that was linked to speeding or not but the way i look at it is its their licence ! if i get points i get it on my car,bike & hgv c+e so not worth it.

theres ones on the A80 up here for 2 year roadworks at 40mph BUT after they have been up a year an obviously wealthy motorists Lawer noticed something about the timing between notification to the police and local authoritys it goes through 2 L.As and this date differance was deemed ilegal and the court gave the L.As. time to appeal dont know the outcome

That idiot had a picture of a decapitated rider put on a poster and never had the decency to inform his family from Liverpool that he was using the picture.:mad:

Reply to Average Speed Cameras in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net