Discuss Beware the Facebook electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

magnoliafan89

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Went to do an EICR today.

The woman was telling me they'd found a guy on Facebook who came done some downlighters and the false cielings. All for the low low price of £3500. ??

Needless to say it wasn't worth anywhere near that. All dogged off the pendants in flex which had been covered with plasterboard. Barley any space between the downlight and the original cieling and a few were less than 50mm from batons.

All in all a shoddy experience. Best of all is where the boarded up to the consumer unit so you couldn't even take the lid off (until i cut away the cieling).

The woman tried contacting this bloke but he has since gone back to Poland and wouldnt answer her calls.

Her husband wasn't Best pleased with him or me when i started ripping it all out but hey ho lesson learned....Facebook is not where you will find the most reliable electricians

Attachments

• 20210202_084635.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210202_090000.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210202_130208.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 81
ive only made one customer cry. That’s after she had just moved into @ house i came to do an EICR.
bassically it needed a full rewire. The previous owner was an Avid DIYer.

The main reason she cried is because exactly the same thing happened after her last house purchase. People never learn.

What do you expect from a cheapo set of shysters?........
Oh! Hang on 3.5K???
Smooth talking Spit and Polish strike again with a good bit of business. ?

Last edited:
No Fife.
But just as bloody cold.

While we are at it....

Will someone explain exactly what's wrong with stuffing a 6mm joint in chocblock, in a sandwich bag then letting the plasterer cover it. Of course at the requisite 45 degree angle across the wall.

?
not if your sandwiches are still in the bag.

When ever I find orange lawnmower flex used to wire a lighting circuit I always have a wee chuckle to myself ...

i have even found red flex used to wire lights which really is a beautiful thing

grey cable is sooo boriinggg

Reply to Beware the Facebook electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net