Discuss Course funding and where to start in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Laurenwiddowson

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum so be kind :)

As a brief overview, I have worked in the electrical sector since the age of 17. I worked for 6 years fixing domestic appliances and selling parts to engineers. I then became the Northern account manager for an electrical manufacturer of soft wiring and cable management. Currently I work for an electrical wholesaler.

I would very much like to qualify as an electrician and feel the time is right for me to do this.

I am a 25 year old female. Although age and gender shouldn't matter I wonder if there is any funding/help available for people of my age or for females who wish to get a foot in the door?

There seems to be a lot of information and I'd like some clear guidance on where to begin. My electrical knowledge is pretty good (I quoted a lot of 17th Edition, BS6397/7671 in my previous job) and my practical skills are also quite sound.

A lot of the courses seem pretty expensive and whilst I am not adverse to paying out, if help is available it would be great to know!

Many thanks in advance

Lauren

Hi Lauren

I use to work at a local FE College and I believe that Government funding is only available for students up to the age of 24, then adults over the age of 24 can get access to Adult 24+ learning loans, which you do not pay back until you earn a certain amount. Apart from a few training providers these are normally only available to Colleges, your best bet would be to speak to the student finance dept at your local college, for advice on the loans.

Good luck

Neil

good advice there. just avoid the Electrical Trainee courses thay promise the earth and then after spending ££££££££s, you come out as a basic domestic bodger

Reply to Course funding and where to start in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net