Discuss Distribution board labelling in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Alright lads,

I am after a solution in regard to distribution board labeling. We only use Schneider distribution boards and instead of hand writing 1L1, 1L2, 1L3 all the way through to 18L3 or whatever the case may be, I was wondering if any of you know an easier/neater/tidier solution?

I was thinking like a roll of adhesive tape/labels which are pre-made from 1L1 to 18L3 or whatever to suit the distribution board? I might be being ---- about this but we just fitted a factory with 60+ DB's and this seems a simpler and more professional solution.

Tricky one to explain but I hope you get the jist of what I'm trying to say! lol

Thanks lads

Nah mate, Want something quicker or somewhere that I could buy them in a roll as one piece. Using a labeller like that you have to print them individually or start and cut them up to size. Too slow. lol

How about measuring up what you want and doing a template on Word with all the labels on. Get the template laminated and the stick it to where you want?

Yeah I thought about this, I could make them in batches of ways : batches of 1L1,1L2,1L3 etc that way it would be handy for a 4way TPN or a 18way TPN. only thing is a lot of our men work out of England, Scotland & Wales and would have liked a label maker that they can take with them on a flight or whatever

would a printing company not run a batch to your design? or would that cost too much for the amount you would use.

try the forum sponsor they might run a batch if other members want some as well,to keep costs down you can't be the only one needing them.

Last edited:
Yep that's the one, comes with an editor that allows for both horiz and vertical printing.

Have added a domestic label example (*.lbx) in a zip.

Attachments

• TS.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Personally i think the Panduit ones look the part and the easymark software makes it a doddle to size the label we got a deal as we were buying reams of heat shrinkable labels and two printers one for cables the other for jb labels for a large industrial project i'd check out their site as it might give u ideas as to whats out there. be warned they're pricey though. we were doing that job as an extra so price wasn't an issue it just had to be spot on ,no smudging, fading, durable, etc

Reply to Distribution board labelling in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net