Discuss does anyone knows anything about BNI or other similar business in or around London? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

virgil

hi guys.i would like to know if anyone join BNI and i want some feed back.if they are good,if they generate business,what they do?are other companyes similar with this?

Re: does anyone knows anything about BNI or other similar business in or around Londo

I've heard mixed reports about BNI. It's very good if you can afford to put the time and effort into it, but apparently some groups are run by gestapo type characters that demand that you bring x leads per week for the other attendees (and will shame you if you don't), which is great if you're receiving leads but of course you have to bring them for the other folks too. Meetings start very early and you are expected to attend. I used 4networking.biz which is a lot more relaxed, you can turn up when you want to, and can attend meetings in other nearby towns. I got 2 jobs out of the first meeting!

Re: does anyone knows anything about BNI or other similar business in or around Londo

we left BNI after a year got 1 or 2 jobs from it got money back that we paid out you have to get a job at least every week or 2 weeks for anougher member in your chapter. We left as a it was getting harder to get jobs for others we the state of the econmey as it is.

B other members not passing there elec work to us and not very good impresions of the other members

what area are you looking in to join

north london.to be onest with you i would like to go there to find jobs for myself not for other members,less is the thing they use me i use them

do you know anywere else were i can get jobs?

The economy is in a state and jobs are getting harder toget every day
We looked at 4 jobs yestester day sent the quotes through today got 1 of the the othere said we were £350 more expensive the the other person so haven't got that he must be working for £100 a day we won't bother getting out of bed most customers. We seem to keep coming across are real time wasters as soon as you meet them say they are on tight budget but the all getting new kitchens windows bathrooms and buy there lights from John Lewis but won't to knock us down work should pick up after the school holidays September

to be honest with you all the time i tell them not to waste my time and if they want to compere they have to compere with a niceic approved contractor like me.but yesterday i talk to a lady from an estate agent and she said that she get electrical instalation condition reportes for two bedroom flat with £90.me with £150 i tought that i am cheap

Total agree with you we are testing a 2 bed house Thursday and we are charging £200.00 by the time you do the testing then wright it up its the best part of a day gone we are working direct for the customer every one wonts a cheep job lady who said we were £350 deare said you have got a lot of great feed back on your website we have 30 testimonials on it from past customers and she said you have a great company but still wonted a person who proberley hasnt got that.
A customer asked us why we was charging them £270 for a days work we had been out to look at job collect materials then wright up certficates my time is not free

I was in the BNI and found it a waste of time

I got leads but most of them wern't 'genuine'- members were fishing for work and would bring conversations round to the work of other trades and would then suppoly you with 'leads' that turned out to be "we were thinking about (insert job) but getting it done (insert future date far away) and we were told you wouldn't mind to pop in for a chat"

Really boring, listen to the same stuff every week. As interesting as brainwashing

its a waste of time and money i joined bob buisness over breakfast.
they expect you to be at nearly all the meetings [every fortnight b,o,b]and expect you to bring leads at most meetings .
it cost an original joining fee plus vat and also a payment for breakfast which can be as much as 20 most of which goes to the club the only persons to benefit from this are the owners a lot of these clubs are franchised.
i didnt get any leads while i was there and could only give a few.
most of themembers had offices. when i enquired if they had an electrical certificate none did but wasnt prepared to pay for this service despite being informed they had a duty of care to the client and the health and safety issue.
when i had work commitments and couldnt make several meetings they terminated my membership without any refund. despite the fact they had been advised in advance that i had work commitments.
its pyramid selling save your money and advertise in your local rags and residents association booklets youll generate more work that way, and wont have to sit around for around three hours at meetings when you could be working. you can also cancel your advertising if it doesent have the desired effect some give you a deal that they will advertise for three months for the price of one if enough work is generated to cover the cost of three months you then pay the remainder and continue advertising if not you dont continue advertising [ as the meerkat says simples]:teeth_smile:

any other way guys to give at list some cotations,something to generate some business around London?let me know please

Reply to does anyone knows anything about BNI or other similar business in or around London? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock