Discuss EICR Certificate not issued. Not all circuits RCD protected rated C2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

The IET sample forms require a visual inspection of the DNO equipment.
The wiring regs have no bearing on DNO equipment. The DNOs work to a legal framework, the wiring regs is a simple guide book. Short of an electrician reporting directly to a DNO a dangerous situation ( which experienced electricians have always done) the EICR form has no effect. As I said, DNO/Suppliers equip is nothing to do with a privately owned charity.

The wiring regs have no bearing on DNO equipment. The DNOs work to a legal framework, the wiring regs is a simple guide book. Short of an electrician reporting directly to a DNO a dangerous situation ( which experienced electricians have always done) the EICR form has no effect. As I said, DNO/Suppliers equip is nothing to do with a privately owned charity.
I agree with you here but I also understand what Erik is saying on our visual inspection we have to code the supply characteristics and I’ve had to ring the DNO as you’ve said to notify them of any immediate/potential danger, always same protocol with the call operator asking the same questions to determine severity of situation, almost all my concerns have been with the damaged casing which houses the supply cut out fuse. When they ask “is there immediate danger” my reply is “well I have the customers children here potching about and they can easily come in contact with exposed live parts” they instantly put it as an emergency and I’m not sure who mentioned gaffer tape but that’s exactly what I do. Stick that around the casing and know that will sort it until the DNO arrives

Any safety item must be in writing, there can be a phone call as well, but be it email, SMS, letter, fax it must under HSE rules be in writing, so a fault noted should be on the EICR unless corrected while on site, so you can have a C2 for some thing which is not required under the land lord new laws, which clearly say the DNO equipment is not part of the inspection, and it also says appliances which are not portable should be included where the IET forms would include visual damage to the DNO equipment and would not include items which would be tested when doing the inspection and testing of in service electrical equipment.

The client is free to ask what he wants doing, for example the LABC may as one to do an EICR as if it were an installation certificate before issuing the completion certificate following the current regulations and listing any breaches of current regulations. But that would not be the normal way to do an EICR. This is what makes the land lord law silly, there is no hard and fixed rules as to what is included, including with town houses where there is no loft access except for one house.

There is nothing to say when a C2 has to be given, C1 yes, and you must list faults, but one can simply miss out C2 either C2 or C3 and there is nothing wrong doing that. In fact there is nothing to say you must code items, I have a report for this house done before I moved is which included the electrics so technically is an EICR but better known as home buyers report which was done by a professional which has no coding. It was flawed, but that is beside the point, it is a professional report which includes the state of the electrics, so by definition is an EICR.

All,

I absolutely agree safety first!
Cost is not the issue
I want to understand if "not have all circuits RCD protected" is an automatic C2 rating
- Page 12 of the Best Practice Guide attached - implies to me no this is not a C2.
I am on here for guidance from experts. I am NOT an electrician. I would/ do appreciate your response and guidance.
You are going round in circles. Good builder Mr Church. Sadly he was killed in a plane crash. Great houses, great wiring. Disregard all this new age "coding", it has no legal standing. Oh by the way, its in the 18th ed, RCDs not reqd in previous eds. mind how you go. Regards, UKPN

You are going round in circles. Good builder Mr Church. Sadly he was killed in a plane crash. Great houses, great wiring. Disregard all this new age "coding", it has no legal standing. Oh by the way, its in the 18th ed, RCDs not reqd in previous eds. mind how you go. Regards, UKPN
I agree I’m getting bored of all this just upgrade/update to modern standards as much as you possibly can. I’m not saying any previous editions are not safe just feel that we always go round in circles with 15th/16th/17th and 18th edition anyway it’s nearing Xmas and the main thing is to stay safe and enjoy life this virus has brought sadness to us all so I’ve stayed away from this forum but want to wish you all well 👍

I also think the EICR has gone a bit silly, code 4 was removed (not complying with current regulations) and I think that was wrong, but as it stands we are not looking to see if it complies with any edition.

Assuming originally complied then looking for a degrade or change to the installation except there is it seems an extra.

We are also looking at the equipment used or likely to be used and is the installation suitable, this is a problem. Items like solar panels and EV charging points clear to see if used, but what is that 32 amp commando socket used for, is it used for an EV charger? Have the light bulbs been changed to LED? Will surges or spikes present a danger causing lights to fail etc.

I have listened to a talk about SPD and seen how 40% of the people at the talk felt lack of SPD would be a code C2, OK for commercial premises and single domestic are exempt, but as it stands there is no real directive and potentially dangerous to whom or what? If there is a potential danger of expensive equipment being damaged is that a C2?

Reply to EICR Certificate not issued. Not all circuits RCD protected rated C2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net