Search the forum,

Discuss Electrical Suppliers - Who do you use the most on and offline? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not so much steep as effing vertical. The frugal bit of me (about 95%) used to start snarling whenever I used to have to reach for the flippin' RS catalogue.
Yeah,I know what you mean but there's always the odd one or two things that they're really competitive on, a couple of years ago we were buying all our Siemens PLC's through RS because they were exactly the same price than I was getting quoted from other suppliers so their superior service and free door-to-door delivery made them the best option by far and over a period of 6 or 8 months we bought hundreds of them.

More recently I purchased a Chauvin Arnoux tester from them because they delivered to my door in Cape Town at a better price than most UK suppliers were advertising on their websites without VAT and without shipping so whilst often their prices act more like a laxative than an incentive to order, once in a blue moon they come up trumps for some reason

This thread is now closed, the poll has been created here: http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...ctrical-suppliers-electrical-wholesalers.html - feel free to add more electrical suppliers and electrical wholesalers to the new thread, we'll keep this old one closed.

Ah interesting reading some of these comments that its not just our local City that's got a bad rep. We only use them when we're really desperate.
Anyway on average I'd guess 60% Yesss, 25% Neweys and 10% Electricfix and a few bits and pieces online

Last edited by a moderator:
TLC - Select
WF - Electrical supplies
Screwfix - Electrifix
Ebay! - for example I got 100m of mineral 3 core 1.5 for 100 squid! Bargain
City Electrical Factors

screwfix 50% like the online catalouge and how it states stock amounts at all local stores. really like the tradeUK online account, makes life easier.

Denmans 40% generally ok but have let me down on getting kit in after i've ordered it and needed it! too many times its happened really

other online stores 10% when i need something a bit obscure

Toolstation 55%
Electricfix 40%
Mix of others 5%

I'm suprised Toolstation hasn't been mentioned. Probably better for me as I am small scale and make use of the free delivery on £10 or over on a regular basis! I dont expect I buy enough to get trade discounts at CEF, Yess, Edmunsons etc..

40% toolstation
30% electrafix
20% cpc
10% tlc, cef, local.

As live rural have to rely mostly on delivered stuff.As above use toolstation as free over 10 pound. Cpc which has a lot of good deals on certain items and is free delivery on any order ordered online.

As I'm not an electrician, I only usually buy the parts for installation and then I outsource the electrical side of my work to a professional, but I ordinarily use Screwfix/electricfix when I'm offline and then online, I've recently been using a site I was recommended called Quickbit. They have been pretty darn good recently, especially where price is concerned any way. :)

Reply to Electrical Suppliers - Who do you use the most on and offline? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back