Discuss Employer grant to take on 16 and 17 year old apprentices now available in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bet1234

[FONT=&quot]Employer grant to take on 16 and 17 year old apprentices now available [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Birmingham Electrical Training are able to access £2,500 grant for employers who take on immediately new apprentices aged 16 -17 (under 18) who are unemployed. This grant, introduced by the National Apprenticeship Service, is only available until 31 March 2010 and is on a first come, first serve basis limited to 700 places in the Midlands area for all occupations. In order for an employer to qualify for this they need to complete two sets of paperwork: [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Firstly complete paperwork to apply for the grant which is passed to the LSC for approval with employer details.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Secondly, the Employer Agreement completed confirming apprentice name and date employed, this paperwork must be with the LSC by 31 March 2010 in order to qualify for the grant.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The details of the grant are as follows:-[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]The employer agrees to train the apprentice for the length of their apprenticeship.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The apprentice is to be employed on a minimum wage of £95 per week. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]£1,500 to be issued within 1 month of confirmation of employment of the apprentice[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]£1,000 to be paid at the end of a 12 week period. Should the apprentice be dismissed or leave during the period the payments will be clawed back.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For further details go to Home - Opening doors to a better future [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you would like to recruit an apprentice under the above Grant Scheme please contact us immediately as we need to act quickly. Please contact Jenny Clarke (email: [email protected]) or call 0121 616 0700.[/FONT]

Reply to Employer grant to take on 16 and 17 year old apprentices now available in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net