Currently reading:
Fluorescent lights and relays

Discuss Fluorescent lights and relays in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Ken77

Hi all,

I've just been to test a number of faults and have found a number of classrooms have relays on fluorescent lights? Can anyone think of a logical reason why someone would have installed them like this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've fitted them before, where this an external light sensor that switches lights off if the ambient light is good; but you can bypass this by switching the lights off/on at the switch. This was done as an energy saving measure, it's not always necessary to have lights on all the time.

Regards.

I worked on a few schools about 3 years ago , where we fitted Pirs through the carbon trust scheme and had to put relays in if there where 6 or more twin florrys in use , also installed relays several years ago to protect the contacts of the switch when switched of due to the back EMF ....

As already said , trace the switch feeds to the relays to where they go to..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Fluorescent lights and relays in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back