Discuss Fluorescentt LIGHT FITTINGS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hsharp

I would like to replace all ( 3 ) of my GLS light fittings with Fluorescent light fittings is it a case of just swapping and then testing?

Pretty much yes. Just remember the colours of the cables.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much yes. Just remember the colours of the cables.

and where they go. mark the cables as you disconnect them. nothing worse than sticking a switched L in the N and then wondering why it goes bang.

of course. you stick the sw/l into the N to test the ocpd. ain't you learnt nothing?

I would like to replace all ( 3 ) of my GLS light fittings with Fluorescent light fittings is it a case of just swapping and then testing?

If you have standard GLS lamps in pendant fittings then why not simply replace with compact fluorescent lamps, any muppet can do that, not electrical work or testing involved.

Reply to Fluorescentt LIGHT FITTINGS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all. So I am sure the expertise on this forum will be able to decode this very easily. But it has completely baffled me. I'm in training so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, hope all is well. Getting hallway and stairs replastered/skimmed, do the light switches/light fittings need removing altogether for it...
Replies
Views
If you were to test a metal staircase on the side of the house on insulation resistance and it gave you a dead short. Would that need bonding...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Quick query for this still practicing regarding bill payment for a job not complete. My partner recently employed an electrician to do...
Replies
Views
Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock