Search the forum,

Discuss Help with identifying BS number for cut out in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Fellas I'd appreciate any thoughts on establishing the correct BS number for the cut out in the attached pics, the head is actually rated at 30 amps max but the cut out fuse is rewireable (3036?) and has been wired with 60amp wire.

There is no earth rod and its not TNCS/PME as its not available in that area, earth is taken from two grub screws on the cut out casing, the main earth before i rewired the house was 1.5 aluminium stranded!, ive replaced with two 6mm's until my new lugging tool arrives on friday when i will replace with 16mm, Ze was 0.21 rewired

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• head2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 63
  • head1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 73
I woud have thought BS3036 like you but its a bit of a punt mate......blast from the past though innit (blast being the operative word here:30A with 60A fuse wire) lol..............

oh yes very old Glenn, the immersion was still functioning off lead sheathed two core aluminium cable, inner cores wrapped with cloth!, and the plumber spurred of it last month before I rewired

Pilc cable is for medium-high voltages, im not sure what the low voltage version is called, i will look on tonys link

Letter has already gone out to the DNO, the property was previously lived in by an old lady who may off drawn 10amp max, a family of five live there now complete with all mod cons so its time for an upgrade.

It reminds me of the house in shrewsbury that i rewired for my mother on the 16th. Mrs adams had lived in it for about 70 years and the wireing in it was ancient. lead and vir all over the place, metal joint boxes etc and the cutout was falling apart. The dis board: well it wasn`t even that really as it comprised of different fuse enclosures that gave off a potent smell if you tried to pull too much through em. Old folk dont like fuss so they wont change stuff but this was taking the ****.............

As a follow on to GLENNSPARK’s post. Years ago one of the fitters I worked with asked me to connect a shower he’d fitted. Yes OK with pop around this afternoon, took one look under the stairs and reversed out at high speed. The glass fronted cutout still had a meter reader’s card hung on it from 1925! It was from the days when the town was DC! Fused live and neutral. A quick call to the EMEB got the response required, they were there in under an hour. The meter had been changed several times but the cutout ? ? ? ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Help with identifying BS number for cut out in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock