Discuss Hey Guys in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Antony.S

Hello Everyone,

My name is Antony, im 21 years old.. recently i have stepped up my courage to tell my family and friends that i want to become a electrician. Most people were shocked but its something (well job) i have always wanted to do. Even when i was younger i used to enjoy pulling the plug sockets out of my bedroom wall!

I live in Romford (Greater London / Essex) area. I applied for a electrician course at Havering College and start in September 2009.. If i find a apprenticeship then ill do the apprenticeship course if i dont ill do the normal course (either way i have been accepted into the college)..

I had a job being a electrician's mate. I was grateful my boss took me on but he wasnt a nice person himself, he used to call me all the names under the sun (**** **** *****):( but that never put me off work and i still used to keep my head down and get on with my task :). After we had finished the flat project he let me go. I noticed i rather do a apprenticeship than the other course because everything seems to stick in my head more (like 1.5 cable, 2.5 cable).

I have been looking for someone to take me on but have had no luck at the moment..

Feel Free to ask any questions :D

**MOD EDIT: DO NOT SWEAR ON THE FORUMS**

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not.

Worst they can say is "sorry we're not taking anyone on at the moment."

Try sending out a few CV's to a couple aswell, pop in to the office to drop one off.

Try anything.:)

Reply to Hey Guys in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone. I’m not sure I posted on the right thread. I’m a 22 year old trying to get into the industry the colleges around me don’t have...
Replies
Views
So i am a 66 year old still working in the electrical game,done 50 years work and despite a recent 4 months off due to illness,without work i was...
Replies
Views
hello , Just a note to see if anyone been in the same sort of journey as me? I wanted to retrain as an electrician at 40 and on bad advice did a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am new to this forum so i don't know if this is the right place to ask or not but I want to know a few things... - How math intensive...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock