• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss in the flat i rent at mo in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

i=p/u

Electrician's Arms
the cable feeding my cu looks like it is all in one, with one 10mm line , 6 x 15mm neutral and 4 x 4mm cpc,

now it seems like it aint a complete cable but i bet you it would of been awkward to fill the sheath like this...

anything to say knowledgable souls..

if i can find camera lead il upload in a min

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
can't wait for the pic.

K

Knobhead

It’s split concentric. Whoever made it off wants shooting, it’s a mess!

Some heat shrink and it can make a nice job.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alarm man

it looks a cheap cable tbh,never seen it installed,swa for 5ww springs to mind,

i=p/u

Electrician's Arms
would that be a code in a periodic inspection as doesnt have any mechanical protection, i,e single not in conduit/trunking or the likes of containment

G

Guest123

Bit of a cacky termination TBH.

The other consideration with split-con is that it must be treated in the same way as T&E when it comes to additional protection & RCD's etc.

i=p/u

Electrician's Arms
well theres no rcd on the supply side of this , mind you probably been in 20 years if not olonger

i was thinking as it over 3m it would require rcd protection... but suppose installed to differnt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.