Discuss Indesit R24S Fridge Freezer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have an Indesit R 24 Fridge/Freezer for which I am unable to find any technical or servicing manual. Basically I can see no obvious way of removing the back of the freezer compartment panel to get at the controller/fan/defrost heater/etc that may be causing the problem. In fact, the freezer compartment appears to be a complete moulding with no access or screw holes and the unit construction uses the two side panels to overlap the fridge and freezer compartments at the front and to which they appear to be stuck (as in glued). Has anyone else worked on this model and might be able to advise as to how I gain access to the working parts? Thanks in anticpation.

I doubt there's anything behind the freezer compartment
The thermostat control is normally in the light panel on the side in the fridge and anything else is in the bottom where the compressor is.

Is this it

Thanks, snowhead; those schematic diagrams on that site have provided a good start to my quest. All I need to do now is to find out how to access the fan and evaporator assembly (and anything attached to them) so that I can test them. They are somewhere in the space that I can still not see a way into. But thanks again. This fridge freezer has been a good servant and is now long in the tooth. Nonetheless I will see if I can keep it going for another couple of years.

Reply to Indesit R24S Fridge Freezer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock