Discuss Insulation resistance testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

At 456MΩ I wouldn’t be worried. When you test a cable of any length keep your finger on the test button for a while as the cable acts as a capacitor and needs charging. A word of warning, short the cores out before touching them, 1000V up your arm hurts.

The old way was to calculate the minimum IR resistance as a maximum leakage of 1/10,000th of the full load current. Using this calculation I’ve put old PILC cables back in service at below 1MΩ, after 6 months they were >10MΩ.

Reply to Insulation resistance testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
If you were to test a metal staircase on the side of the house on insulation resistance and it gave you a dead short. Would that need bonding...
Replies
Views
Commissioning a busduct. My contractor has installed a 2000amp aluminum Busduct in a 17 floor office tower. The specifications state you...
Replies
Views
Quick question. I am new to electrical installation so please be patient. You guys are great at answers. Re Insulation Testing. Why if I test...
Replies
Views
Now I understand why so many people in US have stories of computers blowing up during thunder storms. This is a pretty dumb rule for ground...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock