Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Knipex screwdrivers?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tried the Knipex screwdrivers but sold them after about 3 days use. Not very comfortable to use and very very expensive. Bought a set of Irazola Teknoplus and have a set of CK Dextro in my second bag and have used these for the last couple of years.

irazola for when the terminals are Live. Snap-on rathcet with interchangeable bits otherwise. irazolas are in nice condition as i never work on live electrics.:blush2:.

Agree with eskimo they are not the most comfy grip which is a surprise as you would expect them to be the best, the Irazola and Bahco drivers are good but i found that wera did some pretty good quality drivers too.

I liked the old style CK driver that they have stopped doing now for some strange reason.

Like the Knipex 4mm slotted driver, use it all the time. Also like my Irazola terminal driver too, until it grew legs

Bought Wera vde screwdrivers for a change last time. The version that has diamond grit at the tip to stop cam-out.

Verdict: The soft tips don't last long so replacing with Bacho. My mate loves them cos even his gorilla arms can't kill them!!

Bought Wera vde screwdrivers for a change last time. The version that has diamond grit at the tip to stop cam-out.

Verdict: The soft tips don't last long so replacing with Bacho. My mate loves them cos even his gorilla arms can't kill them!!

Are you talking about the old Bahco ones or the Bahco rebranded Irazolas? Had a set of the old Bahco's that I got off fleabay, and I was not that impressed with the quality. I've also got the same Wera ones you do, and now you come to mention it the tips do seem to be quite worn.
Recently bought a set of the new Wera slimline ones with slimmed down insulation, similar to the Wiha Slim Vario style. Toolstation do them, but they weren't particularly cheap @ £31.40. Not really given them too much of a workout as yet, but given what you've said about the VDE plus ones, I'm hoping they last longer.

been buying CK for years, and a few Irazola, but I think they might have changed name now.....started buying Wera ones a while ago as seen in the tool shop next to the till and quite nice, got knipex side cutters and pliers but never seen Knipex screwdrivers before...

I've tried several makes and stuck with the old type Bahco best ergonomic screwdrivers and no problems with the quality used same set daily for 3 years now , I bought some more recently but they're still in the garage as the old ones are still good
I'm turning into an addict bought several new adjustables, one with slim jaws for glands but also had several for 20yrs still good and socket sets , pure quality and at good prices when you consider how long the stuff lasts,have to admit I've never bought any snips/shears yet but will do so in the future.

i bought a set of klaupa interchangeables. fantastic at £48. only used them twice, then wasa working on a site where there was a plumber. bye bye klaupas. GRRRRR. bloody thieving wet-heads.

sorry for reviving an kld thread but.

i dont get why people buy slimline insulated tools.

use a stanley and cut an inch of the insulation off, neat cut and no one is any the wiser.

did this to a bahco pozi 2 as it wouldnt fit in isolator cover otherwise

Reply to Knipex screwdrivers?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net