Discuss Merc Vito 111 cdi SWB vans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Just after any reviews from others who have ever owned or driven these vans.

Looked at a 2007 model and to me look like good vans, compact and seemed good to drive. But what are they like once loaded with gear.

Also, whats the MPG like on them.

Thanks in advance

Spares are expensive and dealer's hourly rate is eye-watering. Mecedes commercial dealers are open 24hrs, so you can get servicing done overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to drive, crisp handling and pleasant ride. Engines are bulletproof if well maintained. Mercedes manual gearboxes are not the slickest, but functional rather than agricultural, later models have an uprated gearbox and clutch. Full service history advised. The seats are rock hard, but not surprisingly uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
japan lost the war as well as germany, but they make better vans. the only decent german van, IMO is VW.

nor me, bloody rip off merchants. £80 /hour i was quoted as the van was just outside it's 3 year warranty. bad enough, but the fault was one they had supposedly put right within the warranty period, but it broke down again within 6 weeks of them having had it off the road for 2 months.

Nice vans but as stated above they are rot boxes, they have the thinnest layer of paint on them!

We have a mk1, my other halfs pride and joy that we have converted into a camper! it spends the winter in his sister garage, the summer sat doing nothing and the rest of the time in the spray shop!

thinnest metal as well. reminds me of the early datsuns and subarus.

Had an 07 facelift model 111 XLWB for around 6 months late last year/early this year. Loved it, 6 speed box, very good turning circle, electric windows and cd as standard, pretty nippy (its a detuned 115 so a remap gets about 60bhp!), good economy.
I had a T5 130bhp before but would choose a Vito everytime (07+) as they are cheaper and I prefer RWD.

Reply to Merc Vito 111 cdi SWB vans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net