Discuss NICEIC launches bursary to encourage female electricians into the industry in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

yep, also the basis for the dreaded lada. was not too bad a car till the russkies modded it ( apart from the dreaded italian built in "rot in a week" metal).

We are in big trouble already!!! We are breeding below the population replacement figure of 2.1 children per household (man and wife!) So what is the answer get some people in who can breed 20 kids per four wives and one mate, and of course taxpayers help them with a home(s) and income for such an onerous undertaking. These people are saving our population because we are not breeding 20 kids per "unit" and we will all die out. So thank your local imported family for saving you as you don't seem able to breed properly. And to say those numbers (20 per...) are socially unacceptable is bordering on a hate crime so be careful out there.
Yeah your right, I was thinking I was being a bit harsh there while lying under my Van tying to work out where all the oil is leaking from. We will definitely get out-bred if we are not careful. Like you say the four wife/20 kids brigade will do us by stealth.

Yeah your right, I was thinking I was being a bit harsh there while lying under my Van tying to work out where all the oil is leaking from. We will definitely get out-bred if we are not careful. Like you say the four wife/20 kids brigade will do us by stealth.
you guys forget what makes britain britain, defeating practically every nation on the planet at some point whilst we are outnumbered physically, we are not matched mentally

the 4 wives/20 kids "brigade" are easily dealt with once gloves are allowed to come off, i for one am not in the slightest worried, if all the might of rome couldnt smash through this island nation then some nomads from the desert stand no chance.

the way i see it is, it saves us fighting in the desert again with the sand damaging equipment, plus home team advantage, those 20 kids per family are just fodder for our future soldiers, they believe some peadophile split the moon, i think britain will be just fine defeating these LOL

the way i see it is, it saves us fighting in the desert again with the sand damaging equipment, plus home team advantage, those 20 kids per family are just fodder for our future soldiers, they believe some peadophile split the moon, i think britain will be just fine defeating these LOL
I'll let you off the TV licence.

I'll let you off the TV licence.
let me off? i never had or intend to own one lol, my t.v is used for gaming only, everything else i can watch online and stream to my xbox/tv

the bbc are part of this problem, covering up all the rape gangs that are 80% a certain demographic of our population..

I have to say the young lady I mentioned, money is actually a problem.

I'm not disputing that... it's a problem for a lot of people who want to study and improve themselves. One I fully understand on the basis I couldn't afford to score the last 120 points to get the maths degree I spent years working on with the OU.

In the case you've given though... she works/trains with you... so how much do you think you could increase your profits if you had her working for you in the 12 months after she qualifies? If that number is bigger than what it would cost to financially support her to finish I'd be offering her financial support on the basis she works for you for 12 months after, and I say 12 months because any more than that can seem like a ball and chain (it's put me off having an employer pay for training before). In that scenario you both win... she gets to finish and you get a good employee who is grateful to you for supporting her and more importantly for the show of faith and trust.

She isn't the target or my ire though as she clearly didn't need a financial incentive or a leg up to get into the industry and good on her.

My ire is firmly directed at the notion that we need a 50/50 split in the number of male/female employees.

Artificially trying to create a 50/50 split in every industry will ultimately mean people are being hired not on merit but on some arbitrary attribute and that is equality of outcome, which cannot be allowed to happen, the job market must operate on merit and equality of opportunity.

The problem is, it doesn't stop with a persons sex... there used to be a running joke in my home town that you'd only get a job with the council if you were a lesbian from an ethnic minority with a disability and a kid (the language used was somewhat coarser than that but you get the picture) because there was a stage where every job ad was accompanied by a list of attributes the ideal candidate should have, none of which dealt with their ability to do the job being advertised.

Sparkychick - your post is excellent. You talk a lot of sense (for a woman oviously).

Thanks @DPG .... none taken :D

Just stop it @SparkyChick .... My Google can only take sooo much...
Again, where are all the pictures...

just look at the military in western countries now allowing for females to join frontline roles, not that it matters now that there are armies for hire

i wouldnt waste my time with a state military now

works/trains with you
To be clear, I work part time and semi retired mode. I was asked by a friend if I had any work for the person in question to up their electrical installation knowledge. So it came out as I occasionally offer work which I think may be of educational value. As much as I like the idea of being able to employ train others I cannot. Just occasional one off really, just not enough in the kitty. As for profit, there is none.

Last edited by a moderator:
not that it matters now that there are armies for hire

How does that work? Wouldn't the other side just offer more money to get 'our army' to attack us?

How does that work? Wouldn't the other side just offer more money to get 'our army' to attack us?
they could do just that, but most wont, these private armies are generally used by large corporations in 3rd world nations.

it works just like the military, only less rules to follow in combat, and a nice wage for the guys on the ground too, wasnt unheard of for the "grunts" to be on over $100k for a 6 month tour

About 30 years ago when I was a young Sparks the bloke I worked for took on a young lady who expressed an interest in the trade [She was very friendly with one of his daughters too] . Although she was keen she was barely 5 feet tall and very slightly built so had difficulty holding a big drill or carrying a ladder for example , and when we introduced her to filthy loft spaces she packed it all in. This just illustrates Sparkychicks excellent posts from a slightly different angle.

And another thing, all this its good/bad/indifferent male/female polemics; could not be any more disinterested. If the money is there don't look a gift horse in the mouth, irregardless the reason it is offered for. If they were offering £1000 pound bursaries for old gits with false teeth who don't like cats I would go for it. While the rest of the snowflakes tripped up over themselves fainting in horror.

And another thing, all this its good/bad/indifferent male/female polemics; could not be any more disinterested. If the money is there don't look a gift horse in the mouth, irregardless the reason it is offered for. If they were offering £1000 pound bursaries for old gits with false teeth who don't like cats I would go for it. While the rest of the snowflakes tripped up over themselves fainting in horror.

Bugger... I like cats...

Reply to NICEIC launches bursary to encourage female electricians into the industry in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net