NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC Assesment expectations

Discuss NICEIC Assesment expectations in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You right we don’t know comptance of the OP, we can only make a judgement on the info provided by them, here it is a pointless Electrical Trainee course, more questions have been asked and all they have said is they have a degree of some sort. Hardly inspiring of someone who knows how to safely carry out electrics installations.

There's some members here who might disagree with the viewpoint apprenticeship versus 5 week courses etc. I'd have to understand OP's irrational before disagreeing.

T

Thank you Gavin your response is very helpful. Some have left irrelevant and discouraging replies that do not help at all and are completely off topic.
I was merely stating the facts as to how or whether you could join a scheme such as niceic i was not in any advocating that you do join as if you start doing work for others you need to know what you are doing. No doubt with your background the technical side and calculations are fine. The job is more nuanced than that thought the judgements you make come with experience

He doesnt have the quals though, his install course is a 5 day course, I doubt the NIC would allow membership based on that. Its not a level 3 qual.
They get you to sit there own 'level 3' equivalent course online at home so you can look up the answers to join the scheme, its the same as elecsa as i know somebody who went down the elecsa route. all they ask for is your bs7671(17th) and a testing qualification... then the insurance, tester etc.. followed by there online exam. then show a job, write the cheque you are in.

They get you to sit there own 'level 3' equivalent course online at home so you can look up the answers to join the scheme, its the same as elecsa as i know somebody who went down the elecsa route. all they ask for is your bs7671(17th) and a testing qualification... then the insurance, tester etc.. followed by there online exam. then show a job, write the cheque you are in.
A scam then? Money for old rope in other words, talk about down grading a once respected Trade, makes you wonder if your Apprenticeship was worth the bother, just attend a few meaningless courses, write a cheque Bob's yer Uncle job done, buy a Van plonk the logo on it quids in, glad I have had my time, must look for a Doctors course, shouldn't be that difficult, and I hear the NHS is cash strapped. Get the picture sit a few open book exams, pay up and you are in a well paid job, that is until you are found out, but hey there are always forums to join to get on the rifhttrack after you have fooked up, or find you can't do a brain transplant and need some help.

Last edited:
I'm in a scam. I've put a lot of effort into getting here, and my business. Paid for some additional training, at one of these Electrical Trainee places. I found the tuition quite good. Buy my own books, publications etc. Try and keep myself up to date on new legislation,
been compliant with all mandatory, H&S training as required.

I suspect there's few employees, who do that and pay for it.

If the fees for these schemes, were a lot less than they are, I wonder if they would come in for so much criticism; somewhat academic argument I accept, but perhaps true.

I'm proud of my work, mostly. Always room for improvement.

Reply to NICEIC Assesment expectations in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock