Discuss No power through ceiling rose in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

But as long as they're willing to learn, thats all that matters.
Its always a difficult moment having to fire someone who is unwilling to improve their skills despite multiple opportunities and support; from my perspective as the team manager, sometimes it can really hurt, as though I've somehow let them down.
Willingness to learn is all well and good, but I would say listening skills and a decent teacher are more important.

We've gone over this haven't we.
The wiring in those photo's was quick, temporary and connected to DC, not mains

Earlier you said it was connected via an inverter? This implies that it was connected to AC at mains voltage supplied via an inverter from a DC source.

In which case that would be mains voltage on those incredibly poor connections exposing you to unnecessary risk.

Reading this thread it seems you have gone through a lot of hassle and created a mountain out of a molehill for the sake of a cheap and nasty lampholder.

A little bit of forethought and you could have avoided the whole episode by sourcing something a bit better quality in the first place.

How is it connected to dc? Temporary or not it should be done properly and safely. Your wiring is extremely dangerous, just pay someone who actually knows what they are doing to do it properly.

Reply to No power through ceiling rose in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Removed an ancient light fitting, replaced with a newer one, the light comes on but can't be turned off with the switch. It was working...
Replies
Views
Hi. Looking for some guidance please as I’m wanting to replace a ceiling rose fitting into a ceiling pendant. Done this many times but never come...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock