Discuss Non domestic testing. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sutherland

Hello all,

Does anyone know what is required in order to test non domestic premesis?
The problem is that I use a good friend of mine to do all of my private work tests. He is registered with NICEIC as a domestic installer and therefore cannot test work in commercial or industrial properties.
Ive now been asked to price for a school, which I could get tested independantly by the company I did my apprenticeship with. But as this type of work is becomming more frequent, I'm thinking about getting myself registered.

Could anyone advise me how to go about this.
Thank you

I just spoke to NIC about this today. Full scope and you need about 8 to 10 completed projects under your belt. They'll ask you for a fee of £516 and will want to inspect about 5 of the jobs (full day of inspection according to the nice lady at NIC). You then have an annual recurring membership fee of £444.

Have a deek on NIC's website if you need any more info.

Hope that helps.

Reply to Non domestic testing. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m new here and wanted to ask a question. I want to do some domestic jobs but are currently not registered with a body. I trained a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m at one of the funny times in my career where I can’t decide on what I want to do. I’m wondering if one of you experiences folks can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock