Domestic Reference method

Discuss Reference method in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Smith 643

Regular EF Member
Reference method for running an RFC through plastic trunking (B?) and does a grouping factor apply, i.e. is it one circuit or two cables?

kingeri

Electrician's Arms
Have you looked in your copy of the regs? The reference methods are listed in there. As indeed is the answer to your second question.

OP
Rob Smith 643

Rob Smith 643

Regular EF Member
Is my copy of the regs any different to yours? I wouldn't have posted the thread if I'd been 100% sure. I'm not into wasting people's nano seconds of time so if you can't be helpful/courteous don't bother, senior member or not. I value the views and opinions of those better versed than I. That's what forums are for otherwise take it off the web mother superior.

Anyone got a helpful response?

ianphilip007

Regular EF Member
your correct that rfc run in conduit is ref method B (osg page 144 table F4)

no grouping factor for RFC as although it is is 2 cables it is one circuit. (osg page 143 note 4 table F3)

hope that helps.

OP
Rob Smith 643

Rob Smith 643

Regular EF Member
Thanks folks for the reassurance. You've confirmed my thoughts re ref method B. it was more the grouping factor that I was concerned about. Now that I've re read osg/ regs I'm happy enough. Whereas I am not keen on t&cpc in mini trunking it's the most practical solution for the job in this case as its just for vertical drops on an install that would otherwise be ref meth C. Cheers. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.