Discuss Running ring main wiring and lighting circuit wiring together/in close proximity. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm building a "media wall" type structure, to house TV, av equipment etc, with alcoves each side lit by Led downlights and I'll be extending my ring main also as part of the build.

My question relates to clipping cables to the ceiling plate (2x3 timber) - is it acceptable to run 1mm T&E clipped alongside 2.5mm T&E along this surface?

I can't see why not as they run through the same holes in the joists from the CU, and the ceiling plate I intend to run them on is greater than 50mm from the front "leaf" (frame) by quite some margin so even though the safe zones for buried cable don't apply I still want them out of the way in this area (top 150mm of wall from ceiling) as shown in picture attached.

Surface of second leaf will be approx 400mm away from any clipped cables

Hope this makes sense?IMG-20220530-WA0002.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a problem running two mains voltage cables next to each other, but if one was 230v, and the other 12v, or the av cables, id run them with a distance between to avoid interference.

Although for short distances involved, interference would be negligible.

Brilliant thanks.

The AV, satellite cables etc will be well away from the mains, just been head scratching as to best route for the T&E

Reply to Running ring main wiring and lighting circuit wiring together/in close proximity. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm planning to remove a stud wall seperating my dining room and kitchen. On the dining room side of the stud wall, there is a double...
Replies
Views
Essentially I have a "normal" socket in a ring mains, i.e. one 2.5mm T&E going in and one 2.5mm T&E going out. I am looking to simply add two more...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m going to install a hard wired 230v security camera, incorporating floodlights, outside and above garage door onto brick. An exposed...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock