Search the forum,

Discuss Seem to find time wasters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

And certificates and part P notifications

You would be a silly boy to not put it through the books
Question....what parts link up to HMRC these days ? Unless they come to check you the chances are very very few people will use their side of the paper trail for tax reasons .The chances of things linking together and forming a issue are supper slim. But still not worth it !

Question....what parts link up to HMRC these days ? Unless they come to check you the chances are very very few people will use their side of the paper trail for tax reasons .The chances of things linking together and forming a issue are supper slim. But still not worth it !

I'm guessing you've never been subjected to a tax or VAT inspection.

Tax only (NOT VAT) only 4 times in 30 odd years . I Always use very very well known and respected accountants that have a good reputation with HMRC .Friends who use the low end dodgy lot seem to get more trouble ! The accountants always say .."tell us the truth , we do the rest " .It just not worth the pain. Ive seen a guy who was 100% innocent (This time ) get hauled over for a year and it nearly cost him his marriage . All because he had tried playing around before

A friend of mine self-employed not vat registered did work on a regular basis for many years for a company who had their accounts checked this led back to him cost him, £12000.

Tax only (NOT VAT) only 4 times in 30 odd years . I Always use very very well known and respected accountants that have a good reputation with HMRC .Friends who use the low end dodgy lot seem to get more trouble ! The accountants always say .."tell us the truth , we do the rest " .It just not worth the pain. Ive seen a guy who was 100% innocent (This time ) get hauled over for a year and it nearly cost him his marriage . All because he had tried playing around before
In that you wouldn't consider not declaring income, regardless of how payment was made, and shouldn't have any reason to be concerned about accepting cash if that suits a customer.

In that you wouldn't consider not declaring income, regardless of how payment was made, and shouldn't have any reason to be concerned about accepting cash if that suits a customer.
I fully declare every penny I earn via the business . I Cannot be bothered with grief

The "no VAT" for cash payment is a scam in itself anyway. How much? £100 +VAT, but £100 for cash...
So, I pay £100, and save £20, but you, Mr. tradesperson, still get £100, whereas if I pay you £120, you get £100 and pay the VAT-man £20...and then you pay 40% tax on the £100, so you get £60. thus, for cash, you get £100, and save £40 in tax plus don't have to do the VAT paperwork...OK, I'll pay £80 for cash...seems fair?
Very nice chap came to service my daughter's gas boiler. It needed some minor work, bill was £180 including VAT. it was lockdown time, so I met him at the flat and gave him the £180 in cash and off he went. 2 minutes later he's back at the door, hands me some money and says "You don't need to pay the VAT if you are paying in cash"...Nice guy!

So, I pay £100, and save £20, but you, Mr. tradesperson, still get £100, whereas if I pay you £120, you get £100 and pay the VAT-man £20...and then you pay 40% tax on the £100, so you get £60. thus, for cash, you get £100, and save £40 in tax plus don't have to do the VAT paperwork...OK, I'll pay £80 for cash...seems fair?
I see it the other way. Mr Tradesperson is the one assuming all of the risk. If (s)he is to commit a crime, then why do it for the customer's benefit?

Reply to Seem to find time wasters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net