Discuss Want to get your reaction ratio up? - Try to get the new 'Winner' reaction (+ 3 Reaction Points!!) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Want to get your reaction ratio up? - Try to get the new 'Winner' reaction (+ 3 Reaction Points!!)

Okay, so I've just setup the 'Winner' reaction. Which for the moment, can only be used by the Esteemed Members. That's to stop abuse. So an Esteemed member can click it on any post. Other users may be able to use it soon. But I didn't want to skew reactions so let's introduce this slowly.

Edit: I've just enabled it so that I can apply the reaction myself to those who have added some content to the media area of the forum. :) I want to get the video bit filled with some good content, and it's a way to encourage it. If you guys can add some good videos (you can copy and paste YouTube URL's to the Embed Media option in the media area) from electricians you view videos of quite a bit, I will happily consider clicking the winner reaction on the content. :) As I'm not a sparky the videos I am adding mean nothing to me. And ones I understand, aren't interesting to you. So I'm stuck with this one. And need you guys to add videos. So this is my way of trying to do that, and reward you for it.

Click here to add media: https://www.electriciansforums.net/media/add - Let me know if I need to do a 'how-to' thread for you guys to show you how to copy the YouTube URL and add it to the media area.

When a member clicks this on your post, you will gain +3 reaction points!!! - So for every one post, if it's awesome, you could end up having +12 reaction points (an increase of 12 points per 1 post) should 4 Esteemed Members notice your post and value it as 'The Winning Post'. :)

The moment this gets abused by a single member, we have the option to strip the reactions from the member who received them. And to block the member giving them out from using any reactions. Plus or Minus ones.

I wanted to give a chance to those with low ratios to get their scores up a bit. So they too can join the esteemed members. I know that during a few forum upgrades, some actual forum software changes (which are always the ones content is hardest to port over) and some actual 'ratings system' transfers, we've lost a few reactions - so this is a way to return some in some sense. :)

Fingers crossed it gets used as intended. This has opened it up for abuse. So I'll check in every now and again and scan over the Winner reactions and see who is using it, and how they're using it, and whether they're using it well.

I don't want funny sarcastic replies having it applied. Use one of the other ones for those, which can still give a positive reaction.

Note that it is a little Trophy emoji. And along with a few of the other Reactions, they don't fit the theme and really annoy me style-wise. So I will update the actual icon once we have finished adding them to all forums and have found the sweet spot. When I do that, it wont interfere with the actual reactions. It'll just update the icon and place it in a nice round emoji icon that fits with the Like and Dislike options. :)

Enjoy. :) :trophy:

Last edited:
Dan that would be great ,me personal could you send me a case of wine if I win ,lol, I have to Many trophy's now ones for bad spelling or getting on some body nerves ,say no more .

Bless you.

If that was a thinly veiled comment towards me I apologise. I don't look at who posted content most of the time. As that's what makes a response cliquey I think. So if I've moaned in one thread, I don't carry that issue over to another thread. I can 'dislike' one post in one thread of yours, and 'like' a dozen in a dozen other threads.

I think that's the fairest way to treat members.

So don't carry that chip around mate. It blows off quickly if you clock the other threads I 'react' to. :)

If it wasn't aimed at me. I'm lost. :D

As for the wine. Staff can't click the winner button. Only Esteemed. So you'd have to bribe them I'm afraid. (Please, nobody bribe anybody!!! lol)
[automerge]1569160239[/automerge]
Note: I've just adjusted the criteria for getting the Esteemed Member tag. I've relaxed it a bit. So we'll run with it like this for a bit and see what happens. :)

It might take a few hours to kick in. The caches across various networks and your local devices will need to refresh. Me keep forcing refreshes isn't helping with server loads so I wont keep forcing it for less important content changes like this. Keep that for actual forum style changes.

Last edited:
Buzz makes perfect sense to me after a few beers... ?

Edit: I've just enabled it so that I can apply the reaction myself to those who have added some content to the media area of the forum. :) I want to get the video bit filled with some good content, and it's a way to encourage it. If you guys can add some good videos (you can copy and paste YouTube URL's to the Embed Media option in the media area) from electricians you view videos of quite a bit, I will happily consider clicking the winner reaction on the content. :) As I'm not a sparky the videos I am adding mean nothing to me. And ones I understand, aren't interesting to you. So I'm stuck with this one. And need you guys to add videos. So this is my way of trying to do that, and reward you for it.

Click here to add media: https://www.electriciansforums.net/media/add - Let me know if I need to do a 'how-to' thread for you guys to show you how to copy the YouTube URL and add it to the media area.

I'm just quoting this so that people spot it. I added it to the post after, and not everybody would have seen it.

So the gist is, add some media to the media are of the forum and if it's half decent I'll dish the winner tag out on it for you. :)

So that will increase your reaction count by 3 points. And as it isn't a post in a thread, you don't have the one post added to your post count either ;)
[automerge]1569165232[/automerge]
I’ve just got esteemed member again, it was a mistake last time must be a mistake again.

I notice i’ve got that trophy on list of ratings.
Not a mistake. :) (It wasn't a mistake last time, I was testing it out and I was clear when I said
it existed that it'll come and go while I'm testing it a bit)

I've relaxed the Esteemed Member criteria. And I've given the option for you guys to share the love, and help other people get esteemed. But by way of good content. So it's not (as?) cliquey as with the TA tag.

This is content based. Fingers crossed it works and doesn't backfire.

I'm watching what content is being 'Won' and encouraging some media to get added. And all esteemed will be able to click winner on those, if they think it's good.

I'll click it anyway. As a reward for adding media. :)

Reply to Want to get your reaction ratio up? - Try to get the new 'Winner' reaction (+ 3 Reaction Points!!) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock