Discuss What does or is C&G 2361 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

think it was the level 1 of the 2360 from the 80's or thereabouts.

iirc it was 2361 then 2362 and that gave you 2360, since replaced with 2365. .long time ago though. before this am2 and nvq crap was thought of.

Thanks Tel, so are you considered an Electrician, DI or what with that qualification?

I think it's the equivalent of what was once the part A when the course was parts A and B to become an approved electrician and part C to become a technician.
So I think the best description would be that someone with that qualification is halfway through an apprenticeship, an improver, or possibly an 'electrician' under the JIB grading scheme.

I think it's the equivalent of what was once the part A when the course was parts A and B to become an approved electrician and part C to become a technician.
So I think the best description would be that someone with that qualification is halfway through an apprenticeship, an improver, or possibly an 'electrician' under the JIB grading scheme.
Thanks Dave

\
CheerS D.S.
[automerge]1582439738[/automerge]
think it was the level 1 of the 2360 from the 80's or thereabouts.
Thank you Tel

Last edited:
It was the theory exam at the end of year one on a modern apprenticeship along with an AM1. At the end of year three I think it was you did the 2362 and then the final hurdle was the AM2. This all started in 1984 as I was on the first incarnation of the new way lol.

It was the theory exam at the end of year one on a modern apprenticeship along with an AM1. At the end of year three I think it was you did the 2362 and then the final hurdle was the AM2. This all started in 1984 as I was on the first incarnation of the new way lol.
Thanks Sintra cleared up my conundrum.

Yes, Part A was the minimum qualification to become qualified. You generally did the exam after a couple of years in the job and if you didn't gain any more quals but finished your apprenticeship you became an electrician.
Those who only did the A were generally illiterate, dyslexic, couldn't stand exams or just couldn't be bothered......all of which resulted in a hell of a lot of decent sparks.;)

Yes, Part A was the minimum qualification to become qualified. You generally did the exam after a couple of years in the job and if you didn't gain any more quals but finished your apprenticeship you became an electrician.
Those who only did the A were generally illiterate, dyslexic, couldn't stand exams or just couldn't be bothered......all of which resulted in a hell of a lot of decent sparks.#

I wont give you a disagree mate because it does look not bad but maybe a triffle confrontational, but I do question your response.
When I was attending Tech College many firms would stop paying you once you had attained Electrician Quals, the A certificate as that was all they were supposed to do Train them as Electricians, like today many guys had commitments and were unable to fund further education, and quit College, I was glad my employer sponsored me, so to assume the guys that quit at the A stage were illiterate or dyslexic is being unfair on them, can you provide proof that this is the case, many of my counterparts quit at the A stage and are now running a successful business, or about to hand their hard work over to siblings.
Those who only did the A were generally illiterate, dyslexic, couldn't stand exams or just couldn't be bothered......all of which resulted in a hell of a lot of decent sparks.;)
Mate I disagree with your reply, reasons : many Apprentices were only to be trained as Electricians, and once the A grade was reached, many Employers ceased to fund any further training, and that was the end of training, so the guys, like today who had commitments, quit college for financial reasons.
To accuse them of being literate or dyslexic is unfair and honestly derogatory, many of my counterparts from that era have gone on to rum successful businesses, or in the process of passing their businesses on to relations or siblings, I consider my self extremely lucky to have had an employer who was open minded and paid me to continue, mind you he refused to pay me Technicians wages so I left to better myself. Rant over.

Mate I disagree with your reply, reasons : many Apprentices were only to be trained as Electricians, and once the A grade was reached, many Employers ceased to fund any further training, and that was the end of training, so the guys, like today who had commitments, quit college for financial reasons.
To accuse them of being literate or dyslexic is unfair and honestly derogatory, many of my counterparts from that era have gone on to rum successful businesses, or in the process of passing their businesses on to relations or siblings, I consider my self extremely lucky to have had an employer who was open minded and paid me to continue, mind you he refused to pay me Technicians wages so I left to better myself. Rant over.
Keep ranting then......can't you see a bleedin' joke when it's in front of you're eyes, Pete...….NOTE THE WINK!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

THISA TERRIBLE THING TO SAY AS DYSLEXIC WITH 9 CITY AND GUILDS HAVING HAD TO GO THROUGH HELL TO GET ELECTRICAL INSTALATION WORK PART 1 2361 AND 2 362 SUPLEMENTRY CERTIFACATE ITYAND GUILS AD AM1 OPEN ACSES AND THE NIGHT MARE SCREW UP AM2 IN LIMBO STRUGLING TO FINISH THAT AND YEARS OF HELL WITH AM2 STUCK ON PI P BENIFIT TOTALY STRESTED BY THE BLOCKS ON MY AM2 .ALOT GREIF CUASE BY AM2CENTRES ----ING ME AROUND SCREWED MY NVQ 3 JIB CARD LOST IN RED TAPE JUST BECAUSE I CANT HAVE OR EVER HAVE 21CENTURY APRENTISHIP SCAM CANT HAVE ECS CARD DONT INTO THIER BOXES THIS NOT HELPFUL ITS MAD PLEASE DETRACT THAT

IHAVE AND DONE ( IN EIGHTIES )PART1 ELECTRICAL INSTSALLATION WORK AND PART 2 SUPPLENTERY CERTIFACATE AN1 HAD HELL O VER THAT AND RED AM2 CENTRES SCEWD UP MY AM2 APRENTISHIP FOR ME WAS NOT POSSIBLE ANDWHAT I IS CAUSE PROBLEMS BY JIB CANTSORT AM2

I think that was the case universally.Your "PART A" and "Part B" were similar to our "Junior Trades" and "Senior Trades".The employers normally did,nt allow you to attend technical college after your first 2 years.Very few got to complete Part B.I was the only one in the firm who did but I had to get in to a scrap with the "Employer Body" in order to do so.Had all sorts of hurdles flung in my direction.Got there in the end.Went to night school then to do the "C & G"
🙂. So true.I still today occasionally"pick the brains" of some I served my time with.They may not have my qualifications but are ahead of me in other areas.

THISA TERRIBLE THING TO SAY AS DYSLEXIC WITH 9 CITY AND GUILDS HAVING HAD TO GO THROUGH HELL TO GET ELECTRICAL INSTALATION WORK PART 1 2361 AND 2 362 SUPLEMENTRY CERTIFACATE ITYAND GUILS AD AM1 OPEN ACSES AND THE NIGHT MARE SCREW UP AM2 IN LIMBO STRUGLING TO FINISH THAT AND YEARS OF HELL WITH AM2 STUCK ON PI P BENIFIT TOTALY STRESTED BY THE BLOCKS ON MY AM2 .ALOT GREIF CUASE BY AM2CENTRES ----ING ME AROUND SCREWED MY NVQ 3 JIB CARD LOST IN RED TAPE JUST BECAUSE I CANT HAVE OR EVER HAVE 21CENTURY APRENTISHIP SCAM CANT HAVE ECS CARD DONT INTO THIER BOXES THIS NOT HELPFUL ITS MAD PLEASE DETRACT THAT
Sorry for the upset.

It was said in jest over three years ago and no ill feeling was intended.

Last edited:
IMO no need to apologize you speak some truth's. I know loads of sparks good ones only with their A.

Reply to What does or is C&G 2361 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net