SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Who to sign upto in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andy Smith

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Ok. been thinking about my postion. who do i join up with NICEIC Napit etc etc whos the most popular and why? :rolleyes:

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
The nic are the most popular,because they are better known to the public and industry because they have been around longer
They are useful therefore if you require their high profile for generation of work

Elecsa are the eca section that registers contractors for part p The eca is a much bigger organisation that deals more with large contractors and bug buisness

Napit are more of an electricians union They require higher entry criteria but are less known than the others

There is nothing to stop anybody carrying on electrical work irrespective of being a member of these organisations
The ultimate criteria is to work to BS 7671,the rest is about profile

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
E

ezzzekiel

think you will find they are all about the same, see which logo looks best and go with them :)

A

Andy Smith

Thanks people

Can i ask does Having and HND in electrical and electronic engineering, C&G 236 part 1 and 2, 17th editon, C&G 2391, Pat testing (forgot the number) make me compatent or do i now need part P to do installation work and be able to sign off in the public/domestic domain.

S

Spudnik

No such thing as Part P qualifications.

Your qualifications are enough to join a scheme which in turn allows you to comply with Part P of the building regs.

A

Andy Smith

thanks Jason.S

Spent all my working life as Maintenace/servicing comissioning engineer/electricain in industry so all a bit strange to me.

S

Sparky-Tom

Im sure I got told that if you have served a full electrical apprenticeship and have inspection & testing, BS7671 etc. you need part P, is this right?

A

Andy Smith

Sorry i dont know sparky. i actually did a mechanical apprenticeship once completed i went on to do the electrical qualifications i stated above. So not really sure where i stand. I am also a member and a incorporated engineer in the IET but think that counts for nothing in this area. think it would be easy to understand i maybe im just a bit daft!

S

Spudnik

Part P is a building regulation not a scheme.

There are a few ways to comply, one includes joining one of the schemes.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Who to sign upto in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom