Discuss Whos terms and conditions? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tommythain

As a sub-contractor (supplier of services) working for a contractor (supplier of works / payer for services) who has the right to set out the terms and conditions relating to payment of invoices ?

As a sub-contractor (supplier of services) working for a contractor (supplier of works / payer for services) who has the right to set out the terms and conditions relating to payment of invoices ?
The issuer of an invoice sets the terms and conditions for payment. However, when there is also a contract between supplier and client then there can be other stipulations in the contract that will override those terms (which the supplier would have to have signed up to).

If what you say is correct then how does the legislation on late payments work in this case? Thanks for your response to my initial query by the way.

the contractor,and they will twist them to suit because you/we/me need the work,budget for 90 days

and if there's no agreed terms and they pay in 90 days, you can charge them 60 days of interest ;)

Whether you'd get it of course is another matter :)

Ha, I had this dispute recently.

After visions of a computer, printer, telephone and paperwork being scattered nicely across the office I managed to calmly resolve the situation and walked away with two post dated cheques that were 2 weeks late. I banked them immediately and I no longer do any work with this contractor now;)

I'm afraid I could never agree to 30 day terms let alone anything higher, that's a long way to go without money :(

Reply to Whos terms and conditions? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net