Discuss 2365 design project in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

haroonmahmood

Trainee
Reaction score
Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 01.58.51.png

I am a student currently on 2365 level3 I am currently stuck on question 10 and needed some guidance. I have filled in what I could not sure if it is correct.

Some hints - there is always one isolation switch for electrical maintance in any complaint house installation, where is it likely to be?

Also don't see "mechanical maintenance" in the strictest sense such as in terms of a factory. Can you think of fixed wired household items that have local switches you might use before, say, trying to clean inside them?

View attachment 58591
I am a student currently on 2365 level3 I am currently stuck on question 10 and needed some guidance. I have filled in what I could not sure if it is correct.
This question may be answered using the Table 1 or Table 2. It is strongly recommended that you use

pencil when completing the table to allow for recalculation of figures.

Determine, for every final circuit in the café/pool block, each of the following.

a) Design current (Ib)

b) Nominal rating and type of protective device (In)

c) Method of installation reference

d) Rating factors that apply

e) Minimum cross-sectional area of live conductors for current capacity and voltage drop

f) Actual voltage drop.

g) Maximum permissible disconnection time for each circuit as given in BS 7671.

h) Earth fault loop impedance

i) Maximum earth fault loop impedance as stated in BS 7671.

Hi have you done this question? I'm currently working on but having trouble with it

This question may be answered using the Table 1 or Table 2. It is strongly recommended that you use

Determine, for every final circuit in the café/pool block, each of the following.

a) Design current (Ib)

e) Minimum cross-sectional area of live conductors for current capacity and voltage drop

f) Actual voltage drop.

Hi have you done this question? I'm currently working on but having trouble with it

a) Design current (Ib)

f) Actual voltage drop.

I have not completed but done part of the question as I also need help on this. my college will be reopening in 2 weeks so I will be continuing once I speak to my lecturer.

a) you work out the design current for every circuit. for me I have 11 lighting circuits.
what I did was calculate the total power of each lighting circuit and divide it by the voltage of 230v for each circuit which gives you the ??.

Example- Circuit1- Has 3 lights total power of them 3 lights was 62w
??= ?????/voltage = 62/230=0.27A

you have to do this for all of your circuits.

b) you have to choose Select ?? which should be equal to or greater then Ib which basically means a protective device to protect each one of your circuits but has to be equal to or greater then the design current you which you calculated in a) for each circuit.
I had chosen a rcbo of 6A tybeB breaker as it is below my design current for my lighting circuit.

C) you choose the method of installation. my lights are in a conduit so I will be using reference method B

I have not gone further than this but once I do I will update on here to help as much as I can.
you have to fill out the table which should of been provided to you. do you have this table??

a) Design current (Ib)

f) Actual voltage drop.

This will help you

20200608_002108.jpg

Use a scale ruler to work out your cable lengths, from memory i think it needed to be no longer than 30m max.

for question 7 in the assignment their is a question on drawing a explain with an aid of a diagram how electric shock protection is provided by one of the shaver points by electrical separation. I cannot find the correct diagram as the teacher has rejected a couple of my diagrams. could anyone help with this. thanks.

for question 7 in the assignment their is a question on drawing a explain with an aid of a diagram how electric shock protection is provided by one of the shaver points by electrical separation. I cannot find the correct diagram as the teacher has rejected a couple of my diagrams. could anyone help with this. thanks.

A quick google search for shaver electrical separation shows various images showing this.

Post a copy of your drawing so we can see & advise you.

I've just grabbed a copy of "Electrical Installations Book 1" off the shelf (I assume you have a copy ?)... discovered the index at the back of book. There is an entry for Transformer- Isolation, which directs me to Pages 126-7. Nice little diagram and an explanation is all there. Took me all of 30 seconds... and most of that was finding my glasses !

I think your diagram is not wrong as such, but doesn't show the appliance fault part of it.

Hi I need help with question 3 to select a suitable range of protective devices for the contract could someone please explain how I go about doing this thank you

Reply to 2365 design project in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net