Discuss 2391 2394 2395 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

No need what so ever. They are the same quals just different numbers. Unless you are bored and have nothing else to do of course. Have a look at the JIB website under grading for approved electrician where it cleary states that if you have 2391 then you are good to go still.

is there anyone out there who has there 2391 like my self considering doing the 2394 or 2395 or dont we need to do them just wondering

Like the others have said, there is no need, and there is no plans to make anyone do it in the future, EXCEPT ME, cos our C&G EV says i have to! Its a case of practising what you preach i suppose. To be honest it is about as appealing as an IOSH course, but i will have to tow the line. There is no rush though, as long as i am "Working towards" i am OK, and as far as i am concerned looking for another centre that i can go to to do it, is "Working towards" in my book.

Cheers...........Howard

is there anyone out there who has there 2391 like my self considering doing the 2394 or 2395

2395, yes, I would like to do that later this year.
2394 is too basic I think, just like the 2392, which was too easy.

All courses are worthwhile, every C&G course I have taken I have learnt something, 2392 was quite simple, and probably the worst one(for me) I have done. I found 2377 (In-service..) was excellent, I got far more out of that 2 day course than I expected, even though I have no plans to do any PAT.
It also refreshes your memory of things that you don't deal with every day.
To say it is not worthwhile is putting your head in the sand, some people here would benefit from refresher courses, things change over time, and your memory forgets, and changes your memory of things, so a short course is a good thing to remind anyone of the current, actual Regs, rather than the ones they think they are implementing.

Not sure what you mean by "too basic"? In comparison to what exactly? The 2394 and 2395 are pretty much the same course, having sat both I would say neither are more/less basic then the other, both are equally challenging in there own right. I'd say they are about 90% the same courses just different forms and reasons for testing really.

Personally i can only see that the reason for superseding the 2391 with these two courses is money. By doing this they double the income if you want the equivalent to the 2391 as both courses have to be undertaken

2395, yes, I would like to do that later this year.
2394 is too basic I think, just like the 2392, which was too easy.

All courses are worthwhile, every C&G course I have taken I have learnt something, 2392 was quite simple, and probably the worst one(for me) I have done. I found 2377 (In-service..) was excellent, I got far more out of that 2 day course than I expected, even though I have no plans to do any PAT.
It also refreshes your memory of things that you don't deal with every day.
To say it is not worthwhile is putting your head in the sand, some people here would benefit from refresher courses, things change over time, and your memory forgets, and changes your memory of things, so a short course is a good thing to remind anyone of the current, actual Regs, rather than the ones they think they are implementing.

they are both the same. 2395 had 2 questions how to do a test 2394 had 4. both had question on inspection.

Reply to 2391 2394 2395 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net