Discuss 4 post Bradbury liftmaster dol starter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bri

Hope you don't mind - electrically lift works fine. All posts are plumb and ramp level.
Without extra load ramp reaches chest level fine but then seems to struggle - not smooth - slow and hesitant I.e. rise/pause/rise/pause - not jumpy but as if needing to build pressure before continuing. It lowers without resistance - so I am thinking pump/ ram seals need replacing - make sense.
Tried attaching vid but too large

Si
Photo of (fresh) oil reservoir - looks aerated to me - indicate anything? - all new to me
IMG_20220220_121847590.jpg

Sounds like either not enough oil in the reservoir or something wrong with the pick up.
Ram seal wouldn't cause this, until enough oil had leaked out to cause problems
Cheers Bri, came to same conclusion after posting to you. Gemco advised 15l but having checking Bradbury manual - should be 22. Will let lie for a bit, top up and cross fingers for easy fix - lucky I removed Res cover as I had thought mechanical interference on main post and been grinding column to allow free movement - (evidence of historical roller to post contact)

Mine has a oil drain pipe back to the sump, connected into the ram housing, just above the top limit of the seal. Every time you raise the ramp fully up, any oil that has passed the seal is returned to the sump.
Does yours have this feature?

Mine has a oil drain pipe back to the sump, connected into the ram housing, just above the top limit of the seal. Every time you raise the ramp fully up, any oil that has passed the seal is returned to the sump.
Into reservoir from pipe (green arrow) through rectangular cut out (green arrow).
The manual I have is for mk1 - quite basic (few pages) - happy to send you a copy if any use.

Enters reservoir through pipe (green arrow) through rectangular cut out (blue arrow).

Bradbury manual (v basic) any use to you?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-163802~2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
It works. Celebratory cuppa
We have just put up a used Bradbury 735 MK1, came with no instructions. Our Lube tank is a big square tank, has the motor inside . Can you tell me how much hydraulic oil to put in? Glad you got yours going. We also had to change motor from 3 phase to single, using capacitors? thanks,

We have just put up a used Bradbury 735 MK1, came with no instructions. Our Lube tank is a big square tank, has the motor inside . Can you tell me how much hydraulic oil to put in? Glad you got yours going. We also had to change motor from 3 phase to single, using capacitors? thanks,
Manual states 22l - I found out that 15l insufficient - 20l worked fine (lucky as I bought a 20l tub)👍

Reply to 4 post Bradbury liftmaster dol starter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net