Discuss A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its amazing how powerful things like this are, Im new on here, i canty even edit my profile lol. I ve just passed my 2392, Ive also done my 17th and PAT !! Im currently in resettlement for leaving the army ! Nice to meet everyone !

e-petition signed, anything that plugs into a socket should be fit for purpose! Also shared from my company facebook page too!

Oddly enough i always thought about this with plug socket covers after i seen the top half of ones snapped off in several sockets in a maternity ward at a hospital, and they also looked quite grubby so obviously been there a while and no one had bothered reporting/removing it, even more important with little kids running around.

I haven't yet as I dont like leaving my address...can I fill it out but leave that bit blank?? If I can I will be happy to sign :)

It's just so they can check you are a UK citizen or normally resident in the UK.
They probably know your address already and very likely a vast amount of other information about you!

It's just like any other petition, you have to give a valid address or it doesn't count. I started it and we haven't been burgled yet and I've not noticed anyone spying on us or going through our rubbish. I might be on a list of agitators now but if I wasn't on it already I'd be pleasantly surprised

I am going to share a quote from another thread on this forum:
We try and spread the word then some one else comes along with this great advice!!!

http://www.norwoodelectrical.org/electrical-
safety-around-the-home/

The ESC retweeted it!!!!

Electrical Safety, (OfficialESC) on Twitter
Please tweet back to Norwood Electrical, and ESC to help them understand the error of their ways! And note, that is not a UK legal shaver socket they are promoting!

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...rum/39934-fatally-flawed-2.html#ixzz23jREjZzu

Re: Fatally Flawed

Learned recently of the dangers of this 'safety device'. Was in the office of an estate agent that I do some work for the other day and noticed that he had them in all his sockets, office and show room. I advised hi that they would be better in the bin and he removed them all right there and then. Result!

Re: Fatally Flawed

Could we return to the Fatally Flawed thread in the sticky section.

Hi Tony, it might have been moved to the Gen Elec forum because of the banner with the link.

untitled2.jpg

I don't want to stikkie the thread in case it messes with that. Maybe checking with Admin would be best.

Reply to A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net