Discuss Advice please, moving to the UK. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

" …………..that doesn't mean British taxpayers are the losers from migration. Quite the opposite. All the evidence suggests that migrants – especially migrants from the new EU member states – are net contributors to the public purse, not a drain. A Study from the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration found that the latter paid in via taxes about 30% more than they cost our public services. In particular, they were far less likely to claim benefits and tax credits, and far less likely to live in social housing.

Focusing more specifically on the benefit system, the contrast becomes even starker. Raab claims that there are more than half a million "unemployed" EU citizens in the UK (compared with the national total of about 2.5 million). This is wrong: there are half a million EU citizens who are not in work, but some are retired, and some out of the labour market for other reasons. By Raab's definition, there would be more than 15 million unemployed Britons! In fact, employment rates for EU citizens – especially those from the new member states – are considerably higher than for the UK-born.

And even those who aren't working are considerably less likely than those born in the UK to claim benefits. According to figures from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), of the roughly 1.8 million people from elsewhere in the EU of working age, about 90,000 are claiming an "out of work benefit", or about 5%. That compares with about 13% for natives. Equally, migrants from outside the EU are much less likely to claim benefits than natives. And as for Bulgarians and Romanians, although there are already at least 140,000 in the UK, neither shows up in the top 20 countries of origin for foreign benefit claimants, suggesting the numbers to date are minimal."

Source: CReAM: Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration

" …………..that doesn't mean British taxpayers are the losers from migration. Quite the opposite. All the evidence suggests that migrants – especially migrants from the new EU member states – are net contributors to the public purse, not a drain. A Study from the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration found that the latter paid in via taxes about 30% more than they cost our public services. In particular, they were far less likely to claim benefits and tax credits, and far less likely to live in social housing.

Focusing more specifically on the benefit system, the contrast becomes even starker. Raab claims that there are more than half a million "unemployed" EU citizens in the UK (compared with the national total of about 2.5 million). This is wrong: there are half a million EU citizens who are not in work, but some are retired, and some out of the labour market for other reasons. By Raab's definition, there would be more than 15 million unemployed Britons! In fact, employment rates for EU citizens – especially those from the new member states – are considerably higher than for the UK-born.

And even those who aren't working are considerably less likely than those born in the UK to claim benefits. According to figures from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), of the roughly 1.8 million people from elsewhere in the EU of working age, about 90,000 are claiming an "out of work benefit", or about 5%. That compares with about 13% for natives. Equally, migrants from outside the EU are much less likely to claim benefits than natives. And as for Bulgarians and Romanians, although there are already at least 140,000 in the UK, neither shows up in the top 20 countries of origin for foreign benefit claimants, suggesting the numbers to date are minimal."

Source: CReAM: Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration

Ignore the benefits argument - most of them can't claim to.

Dwell on the fact that if 200 families want to live where 200 houses are then the prices remain static, but add another 50 families and immediately you have a shortage, then prices for rent and purchase go up.

There is a severe shortage of school places looming up and the NHS is under immense pressure.

Unless you are earning over £50K per year you are not contributing/

But if they do claim they can claim for their children even if they don't live here but I was not talking about that
But you are now.
If they work they can claim child benefit just like any family can. Yes the kids don't have to be here, yes it's wrong but the same rules apply to us if we go to work in an EU member state.

People banging on about benefit tourism usually don't realise that there are EU countries which have far more generous rates of out of work benefits and far more serious problems with it than we do.

But you are now.
If they work they can claim child benefit just like any family can. Yes the kids don't have to be here, yes it's wrong but the same rules apply to us if we go to work in an EU member state.
Yes Trev but the benefits here the highest which is why they flock here?
France doesn't want them.
Our NHS is also drawing them in big time.
That's why we're overrun with legal/illegal immigrants.
Look what's happening in Calais.

In France there are no translations, no translators, they do not want incomers and make them feel unwanted!

See post 107.
You're more likely to be treated in hospital by an immigrant than be with one waiting for treatment.

Trevor speak to a pole when I asked if I could go there and claim everyone started laughing !"Why do you think we are here" you can't live on there on their dole money !
2 said assigning on here pays there mortgage in poland

See post 107.
You're more likely to be treated in hospital by an immigrant than be with one waiting for treatment.
Oh, ok then let them all in then because we have foreign doctors.
Lets concrete over GB to build houses for them and shower benefits on them paid by our taxes.

No, let's get the problem into it's proper perspective and not fall for lies told to us by so called politicians who's only answer is to look for a convenient scapegoat.
If I fail it isn't because of Yarrick and Piotr coming here from Poland. It isn't because of Vlad from Romania.
It's because I didn't try hard enough.

No, let's get the problem into it's proper perspective and not fall for lies told to us by so called politicians who's only answer is to look for a convenient scapegoat.
If I fail it isn't because of Yarrick and Piotr coming here from Poland. It isn't because of Vlad from Romania.
It's because I didn't try hard enough.
The only way out of the mess is to vote UKIP.

Yes, of course. Vote for the main peddler of scapegoats. A single issue party who's only answer to every problem is to blame the EU.
Sorry mate, it's a bit more complicated than that. Leaving the EU will cost this country 4 million jobs, trading with the EU will mean that we still have to comply with the legislation passed by them so what benefit will we get from leaving it?

Yes, of course. Vote for the main peddler of scapegoats. A single issue party who's only answer to every problem is to blame the EU.
Sorry mate, it's a bit more complicated than that. Leaving the EU will cost this country 4 million jobs, trading with the EU will mean that we still have to comply with the legislation passed by them so what benefit will we get from leaving it?
We'll thrive like we did before we joined and won't have to pay thousands to wasters exploiting the EU benefits system.
Look at post no. 111.
Sorry Trev, its out of control and peeing people off down here.

It pees me off just as much mate but cutting off our nose to spite our face isn't the answer. Maybe Kent has it worse because it's closer to Sangatte but even with leaving the EU we'll still have people trying and succeeding in their attempts to get here.

Lots of non EU companies operate here because of the advantages it gives them in trade with the EU. That's where the first jobs will go. Then you have those in the supply chain to those foreign companies, after that will be the jobs which depend on the spending power of those primary and secondary jobs that will be lost.
The EU members will be falling over themselves to tempt those foreign companies to ditch their UK bases and regain the advantageous trade status with the remaining members

Reply to Advice please, moving to the UK. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net