Discuss Anyone recognise this name? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Got this to change next week. Customer wants same design even though I suggested plain white. She wants it to still match the sockets and lightswitches.

I’m going to the wholesalers anyway tomorrow, but I don’t see anything similar on their websites.

Anybody recognise it?

IMG_4667.jpeg

yes... thats it.... CEF only seem to stock the satin stainless and polished stainless.....

i suppose i could get plain white and just swap out the switch module?

Im seeing now the old one has ON and OFF moulded onto the white plastic frame around the switch.... the eurolite has it moulded onto the switch rocker itself... Possibly a design change over the years, but ill keep looking

Not exacrly the same, but a similar range?
From: G&H CSS269 Standard Plate Brushed Steel 1 Gang Triple Pole 10A Fan Isolator Switch - https://www.ashdownhomestore.co.uk/gh-css269-standard-plate-brushed-steel-1-gang-triple-pole-10a-fan-isolator-switch-4016-p.asp

Volex existed long before Screwfix. Can't remember who bought them out, but they ended up under the Electrium banner.

Edit: Turns out it was Electrium who bought them.

Had a look in the wholesalers, and offered these suggestions… but nothing on the shelf.
I’m thinking it’s an older design of one of the above.

Since I was in the town anyway, I thought I’d be smart, let myself into the block, but not the apartment itself… take off a light switch and see if there was a make or number on the back.
Everything in the block matches between the stairwells, communal areas and the individual apartments….

Well…. The stair lights are on sensors… no lightswitches… but there was a spur for the FA panel.
I didn’t take it off, but to me, it looks quite unique in its size of switch. Maybe that’s easier to identify?

IMG_4676.jpeg

Tell them you've no idea what it is, or that it's out of production, but you can fit something very similar in an identical finish. Otherwise let them do the unpaid leg work of sourcing something with no details to go on.

Update.

Customer agreed on a plain white switch. It’s up high, so not standing out obvious next to a silver light switch.

Out of curiosity, I’m posting a photo of the back of the fan switch.
The only manufacturer marks i can see is the “one” in the top right of the white plastic and the pattern of circles to the left of it.
Top left says “10A 250V” and an AC sine wave symbol.

IMG_4746.jpeg

Reply to Anyone recognise this name? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net