Discuss becoming a Technician in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pigletvonpiggle

i have got my 236 part 1 and 2(a and b) and 16th edition.nvq3. but have found a few firms in norfolk ars asking for technisians. how do you become a tech now days. before you used to have to do the c course but i would not know what it is called now.

Hey Piglet.

For technician status you need 2360 1+2/2351/2330 2+3, and either course C as you said, or the City and Guilds 2391-20 (formerly 2400)

In addition to 17th, 2391 and NVQ 3.

There are two different grades of technician - Site technician and Installation Technician.

Have a look here.

JIB Grading Definitions - Technician Grade

Hope this helps.

cheers lenny, i wished i had continued with the c when i was training.lol. instead of drinking the good money we used to earn.

cheers lenny, i wished i had continued with the c when i was training.lol. instead of drinking the good money we used to earn.

hi there

i got the c course and recently was told that the course is no longer considered relevant now as it is no longer run by the city and guilds just passed and i mean just the 2391-20 (2400)

Anyone else heard this any where ??

cheers

hi there

i got the c course and recently was told that the course is no longer considered relevant now as it is no longer run by the city and guilds just passed and i mean just the 2391-20 (2400)

Anyone else heard this any where ??

cheers

Hey matey,

Where did you here that then?? It's a bloody cheek if you ask me We've all worked hard to gain our qualies I'm sure, and to be told that they don't mean **** anymore is outrageous.

I believe if you applied for a JIB technician card they would still accept it though.

Cheers:D

Hey matey,

Where did you here that then?? It's a bloody cheek if you ask me We've all worked hard to gain our qualies I'm sure, and to be told that they don't mean **** anymore is outrageous.

I believe if you applied for a JIB technician card they would still accept it though.

Cheers:D

it was on a recent 17th edition regs course one of the guys on there was tiyng to get on it at swindon colege but they did not have enough interest to run it :mad:

i thought bl**dy cheek spent a good while getting that in 1993 !! 2400 is nothing like the c course but a lot of it seems to have drifted into the 2330 sylabus by which i can tell from whats on here !:p

just for the hell of it when i get 2391-20 certificate
i will apply for technician status and see what happens lolololol Also got a mechanical engieering full tech as well just as am added bit of fun

cheers
l

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to becoming a Technician in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock