Discuss Being billed for extra work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Certificates have not been issued, no.

This work should have a test certificate and results. It should also be notified as a requirement of part P. You may have some scope for recompense here.

Im sorry for being dense, the "scope for recompense" can you narrow that? The work was done on 30th November,

You have had shoddy and illegal work done. You need to contact citizens advice in my opinion.

Yes, they said the old fusebox which was made in the 80s, was ineffective. The upgraded fusebox, which says RCD protected, was installed on the basis that it would help with the diagnosis of the fault in the circuit, because the old one was not terribly useful in that regard. The first visit, they did try and identify the fault with the old fusebox, but identified the RCD would assist in this.

What a load of utter nonsense!

Test equipment, knowledge and experience is what is required to find a fault.

An RCD is not used to find faults, it is a protective device designed to make things safe if a fault develops.

I have worked with plenty sparks over the years who use the BANG test when changing a board over

Its quite fun really a bit like russian roulette for electricians

That's pretty much what I was taught as an apprentice, usually a quick megger test to check end to end on rings and the rest was just turn it on to see what happens.

Reply to Being billed for extra work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not. I've spent quite some time reading the forums, so I apologize if I've...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping to seek advice from this forum re a potential dispute between me as private individual homeowner and my electrician. We agreed a...
Replies
Views
Hey I let out my flat to help with the mortgage costs and I live with my parents. Flat let via fully managed letting agents. My question...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock