Discuss Non paying customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would keep your eyes on chanel five. You may see your self and the builder on cowboy builders. They only show how upset the customer is and dont always tell the full story. This guy may tell them the sob story saying you did not finish your work and there were bits missing etc and that will make you look bad. Its not right. Im not saying there arnt any cowboys owt there, cos we know there are, but in this case the cowboy is the customer!!!

Jay
yep....all very formatted n all jay....sob stories galore!!.....thing is thiugh....the one thing that ties all these stories together is the use of `verbal agreements`......and no disrespect to the O/P...but i mean when you have larger sums of money changing hands why the hell would you not draw up a contract.....the genuine will see the benefits of this.....the sly n devious will want to shy away from it.....

oh the fun you could have wandering down the street pulling fuses in the middle of the night.
well i wouldn`t care about plungin em into darkness.....if i didn`t get my money....that bullit would get pulled......they can either wire their install into the nearest lamppost....or huddle around said lamppost till it either gets too cold...or its bedtime....i just wouldn`t care....

Yes I've thought of this route but I believe I could be done for criminal damage and also he doesnt have a meter box cupboard outdoors but I still have a front door key. Breaking and entering though :S

Yes I've thought of this route but I believe I could be done for criminal damage and also he doesnt have a meter box cupboard outdoors but I still have a front door key. Breaking and entering though :S
slightly comforting though isnt it.....just thinking about pullin that bullit.....then watchin em struggle to work out what happened...lol...

Go in with a blown one, replace the good one with that, I'm not saying that you should do this because if you did it would be really really naughty. But the fuse could mysteriously blow for some strange reason. Couldn't it?
Hehe

And it could keep blowing week after week !
Another thing you could tell said customer is that you are going to sell copies of his front door key down the pub to local undesirables to recoup the amount he owes you.

The DNO get really funny when main fuses blow - it starts a internal investigation of fraud as they think someone has had a fidley diddly with the meter!

If you have a key I would have thought that having given you said key the householder was inviting you in, even on occasion when he or his representatives weren't present, therefore you wouldn't be trespassing, would you?

If you have a key I would have thought that having given you said key the householder was inviting you in, even on occasion when he or his representatives weren't present, therefore you wouldn't be trespassing, would you?

Yeah you probably would be in the eyes of the law I reckon.

Im doing a rewire in few weeks for a young couple and we have only a verbal agrement. But the customer has offered to give me the cash up front for the parts. I would normally ask for this anyway, at least that way, if you fall out after first or second fix, its only labour time youve lost, which is still bad but its not as bad as loosing hard cash. Just put his windows through. It may not get your money back but it will hurt his pocket and make you feel better. lol

Jay

If it,s going to get nasty give him the key back first but get a receipt for it,you would be surprised what may go "missing" and guess who the law will come to first!

To keep you guys updated I have filed my small claim this morning and paid my £60.00. Rather apprehensive now as to what lies ahead! Just hope it doesn't cost me a fortune. The fact he can counter claim against me is a worry. But in all honesty if I lose this claim then there truly is no justice in the world and people can do exactly as they like :S!

With regards the Money Claim Online route, has anybody any experience of going through this?
Recently my partner who is a tiler went this way. the court just appointed a surveyor. Who picked up the odd flaw in the tiling. (there are flaws in all jobs if you look hard enough)Everything was within standards and almost perfect, but because it was only almost perfect the case was dismissed. customers had paid 2/3 of the bill. The law is an ---. I think Darkwoods method is the best way. Scare the scum into paying.

The customers were in fact over the moon with the tiling they just thought it was overpriced. They wanted marble for the price of ceramics. They only played on the tiny flaws after the surveyors vist.

To keep you guys updated I have filed my small claim this morning and paid my £60.00. Rather apprehensive now as to what lies ahead! Just hope it doesn't cost me a fortune. The fact he can counter claim against me is a worry. But in all honesty if I lose this claim then there truly is no justice in the world and people can do exactly as they like :S!

How are you getting on with your claim? If you havent been to court already make sure you say that you left them with fully functioning electrics. I believe this is a very important thing to say. we have learned through speaking to others. Who have won. Good luck

Reply to Non paying customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net